Thread: TO RAISE OR NOT

I will have had my 03 9s for a year next week. In that time I've put about 14000 bad ass miles on it. So I probably should have asked this question earlier. when I bought the bike the p.o. had lower the front about 1.5" by raising the forks. I will be pulling the front wheel for a tire change, I like the way it looks now but I'm more concerned with performance. I've noticed that when riding fast the bike "tracks" through the curve better when I'm leaned back and not with my weight over the handle bars. So should I return the bike to stock ride height (I;m pretty big for this bike 6ft aprox 225lbs)

If only the front was lowered, it will have steepened the front-end rake making it less stable. Perhaps leaning back helps squat the rear end down, raking out the front a bit more, & making the bike handle better.

I'd raise the front back up, especially if you're 6' tall. I bet you find handling improves!

^ yup. I would too. If that's the way you always knew the bike I'd suggest raising back up to OEM spec and give it a hundred miles. I bet you like it better:).

^

my thoughts are the previous owner was short on legs not to improve anything I would raise em back up to stock and see how that feels.

same I concur

Thanks for the input guys that's pretty much what I thought you would say. Front end is coming up this week (should be as easy as it looks right) with my new Pilot Road 4. Now all I need to do is trust the tires and make my big ass lean this thing over.

It's going to feel funny at first but you'll be much better in the long run....

Front end is coming up this week (should be as easy as it looks right) with my new Pilot Road 4. Now all I need to do is trust the tires
    Once you've got the forks slid back down & fresh rubber on, I'd also recommend spending a little time getting the suspension dialled-in for your weight & riding style. The manual provides good baseline settings which should get you at least 80% of the way there.