, market, buell" /> Pipes - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pipes

Thats kinda what I figured as well about the pipes. Bigger pipe = deeper thump but not as high db. Smaller pipe = louder and higher db, but not as much thump. Im sure someone here could go into more detail on how it all works, but I think thats pretty much it in laymans terms. All I know is I set off car alarms all the time riding down side streets and in parking garages As far as the ecm goes i'm still unsure if i'll change mine out or not. If I get the open air box I will for sure, just due to the fact that I dont want the bike to run to lean. Am I right in assuming that? ( free flow pipe + more air flow = leaning motor out - not enough fuel getting squirted?)

The D&D is nothing like the stock exhaust and it sound more HD then any of them..... I've pretty much heard them all.:D:D:D:D

I don't recommend the D&D

You don't recommend the D&D?? You are not giving any reason for your thought. Have you owned one?? I have and great experience. I changed after a year and a half on the account I nolonger wanted the noise.It was getting hard on my ears. If I was to choose a pipe it would be a Drummer SS. I also have the Buell race pipe on my 9.

if you aree still lookin i have been working with left hand black cycles and building exhaust systems for buells. we make a single chamber with outlet on left and a duell chamber with out let on both sides. contact me at erkblack@yahoo.com

Yeah,mine is kinda loud. I use ear plugs on the hiway as much for the wind noise as the exaust.So how much does the D&D weigh? It looks heavy compared to the jardine.

You don't recommend the D&D?? You are not giving any reason for your thought. Have you owned one??
    Yup, I own one now.. and I'm greedy and don't want to share my cool toys.. So I recommend no one buys D&D..

Yup, I own one now.. and I'm greedy and don't want to share my cool toys.. So I recommend no one buys D&D..
    J/K, sort of. The D&D is amazing. I only have experience with the stock pipe and the D&D and my research on the internets and with talking to ppl. I didn't want to repack a muffler, ever, so that took several out of the equation, and I wanted strong power in the range that I ride in, mid-range. So there was only 1 option that I could afford. D&D. Ironically, I wanted an awesome sound to my bike, and it just so happens that the D&D resounded with the best of them. The trick to making the D&D reach a price point equal to the lesser, is being able to sell your stock muffler. No luck so far with me, but also have barely tried.

Odie buys muffler's for 50 bucks plus shipping. I don't understand when you said you didn't want to repack a pipe. The only one that needs to be repacked is the Jardine.

Nah, I'll never repack mine. I'll run it till it falls apart. Then attempt to fab a new one. I'm pretty confident that all these different aftermarket pipes are simple straight through designs. The only real difference that I've noticed are the overall interior size and packing material.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast