Thread: suspension mod help

I want to raise the rear of my blast a little to give it a more aggressive street fighter look. How would I go about doing that project and is it even worth it?

The frame and swingarm are steel, so you could modify the shock mounting points, probably the one on the swingarm to get a few more inches. Im not sure how it would affect the suspension as far as drive ability but it could be done if you have fab/welding skills.

But as far as bolt on, I dont think there is anything like that for a Blast. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the blasts will chime in.

Aftermarket raising/lowering dogbone links are available for most bikes. I'm sure there are some for the Blast.

If you raise the rear, you'll steepen your rake & quicken turning, possibly to the point of making the front end unstable.

You may also need to extend the kickstand.

The street fighter look is achieved by raising the subframe not the suspension.

I wasnt aware a lowering link like that was available, seems like you'd have to keep the point stationary or you'd have all kinds of loading and unloading going on.

And the blast frame is all one piece right? So moving the tail/sub frame isn't really an option.

Short answer, anything can be done for better or worse. Just depends how much time and money you want to put into it.

How do I raise the subframe

Cut it off and weld on a new one.

Changing the suspension changes everything else about the handling of the bike.

i messed with idea as well. found a shock of a ducati 620 i believe about 1 1/2 -2 inches taller ran into a bunch of issues.

first you have to think about your drive belt if you plan on altering anything on the suspension, i got lucky and had a tensioner laying around that worked with some fabing. but still you also have to thing about spring rates, travel etc.

long story short the factory blast shock was back on after a few months

got some pretty cool looks lol