Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tube frame shifter & brake pedal

Just spent a bit of time speaking with Al from American Sport Bike about this, it appears that the factory shifter parts for tubers are no longer in production. I've got access to a machine shop that _might_ be willing to do both the shifter and brake, the linkage and all hardware. Who's interested? I don't have pics yet, but I figured they'd be billet aluminum with stainless hardware and most likely polished. Banke's were pretty popular a while back, so they'll be similar to that design. There's only so many ways to build stuff like this, but I don't want to step on any toes with an exact copy.

I know there are some differences between year models, so I'll be starting out with what I have as a test bed, a 2000 M2 Cyclone. Mine's currently got a boomerang shifter on it that flops around like nobody's business and it needs replaced, so that's what's driving this for me.

Post up, let me know if you'd be interested, I don't have a firm price on them just yet though.

I would be interested depending on price and which tubers you have in mind.

I just bought a Banke setup... but get them produced anyways. I am looking to pickup another tuber in the future and will replace the ****ty HD shifter first instead of waiting for it to screw up like it did on my current bike.

I have the same problem, building an x1 here in Ireland. I would be interested if they were the right price and you wouldnt mind posting to Ireland.

Thanks, David.

I also have a 2000 cyclone and also hate my shifter. Depending on price i would be interested.

Looks like there's maybe 6-8 interested so far, so I'll go ahead with it depending on the cost. I have the option of either stainless steel or aluminum. Any preferences?

I'm interested - and I vote for SS.

Should have something this week possibly. I have most of the hardware at the machine shop now, needs a couple of small pieces made up. I'm debating on doing the entire setup, ie; pegs, shifter, brake, or just shifter and brake only.

Just now saw this, id be interested to see a product. Anything for a tube frame at this point I expect to be expensive anyways custom or not.

It won't be as bad as you think. The banke shifter is a little over $300 and that's just the shifter alone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast