Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possibly getting an 1125cr

Hey everyone. I may be getting an 09 1125cr & just wanted to know how reliable they are. Someone told me they had a lot of recalls. The one I'm getting has 20,000 miles

So sounds like youre new to Buells.

09 10 1125s known issues are the stator and rotor issues, little research will tell you all on that, another is the "clutch weep" issue where some fluid leaks out on the right side case through a little weep whole, little research will tell you the fix..basically go to EBR.com for these issues. These bikes are powerful, badass and meant for going fast, if youre thinking as a commuter....just no, terrible fuel mileage, and aggressive in stock trim.

Other than those issues and at 10k miles needs valves checked, adjusted... loving my CR, but its my beater bike so I just bash on it

I have an 06 speed triple 1050 right now & I've owned v-twin sport bikes so I know about shifty mileage lol. I know a bit about buells but figured I'd ask some questions. So other than those issues they aren't terribly high maintenance bikes

Valve checks at every 12400 miles, oil changes at 1/2 that interval. Personally, I'd recommend frame removal to do the valve checks, it only takes 20-30 minutes more to pull the frame rather than just drop it down to do the job. Much easier access to everything with the frame off. Regulator/stator/rotor on 09-10 models, doesn't matter if it's an R or CR. Clutch weep may or may not happen, EBR is the fix for it, $100 part. Typically the motor itself is reliable, I rode mine pretty hard, sold it at 35k miles. Would have kept it, but was offered enough to sell it. I bought an 1190 a couple months earlier and was actually riding the 1125 more than it.

Ok so it seems nothing more than most bikes. I just don't want to run into a bunch of problems that's all but it seems like they are fairly reliable.

Rotax builds aircraft motors, aprillia, ktm, and bmw motors. So, ya pretty solid motor. I only had the clutch weep and now at 30,000 the sprag clutch went out. Kinda costly and apparently the other big manufacturers (ducati, triumph, bmw) have had this issue in a few bikes as well. So, hopefully the charging system and clutch weep is fixed.

I had an 03 Aprilia RSVR & I love the v-twins. Don't get me wrong the speed triple is a nasty bike but I miss the v-twin

I had an 03 Aprilia RSVR & I love the v-twins. Don't get me wrong the speed triple is a nasty bike but I miss the v-twin
    I had a 2001 Mille R so I have a soft spot for that rotax motor. If you liked your Aprilia, you will feel right at home. Even some of the same day notifications like the flashing "cold". I rode a CR for a few months and loved it like I loved my RSVR. Motor made me feel right at home and the quick handling chassis was icing on the cake. Made me a real fan and believer in Buell.

As long as you go into it knowing the issues and have a willingness to wrench on your own bikes, I say go for it.

I think I will go for it. I'll actually be trading my triple for it. Also it's a female who owns it, she says she is going to think about it but is very interested in my triumph so we will see what happens. I'll keep you guys posted!!!!

you won't be disappointed. by her flowers to sweeten the deal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast