Thread: NY, NJ, CT, PA Buell Service

Are there any reputable shops in Southern NY, North NJ, CT, or East PA still willing to work on and service a Buell? Does anyone have personal experience with that shop, and particular mechanics who can still handle and service a Buell properly?

You can try The HD dealer on Northern Blvd, in Long Island City. I used to get parts from there. They changed out my rubber once. I did/do most of my service myself though. They didn't have race stands though so be be sure to mention it if you have a pipe without the internal supports. Frankie, one of the service guys that looked like Tommy Chong was pretty cool but claimed he never heard of the mods i was describing. I think the Service Manager (younger guy rode sport bikes) was able to spot some of them without being told. This was a few years back though like 2011/12.

Oh god no don't go to northern blvd. they kicked me out when i asked for Buell stuff. If your on Long Island bring the bike to me I'll service it

I purchased my bike from the Long Island City Harley Davidson in 2010. I actually taught one of their service techs how to swap the header without rotating the engine. If I recall correctly, they wanted to charge me $800 in labor alone for a header swap, they were factoring in an engine rotate I guess.

Basically, I am looking do a 10K service. I do the all the oil changing, air filter, spark plugs, brake pads/disc, wheel changes myself. I just need fork oil and brake fluid and to check to make sure everything is kosher on the bike. You know it runs OK, so I don't anticipate any issues. I'm going to stop by there today and I will inquire to them if they are willing to do it at a reasonable price and time frame. Usually they want a lot of money and time. If they give me drama, I'm out.

PaulPud, I would be willing to ride out to you, I live in Brooklyn. Do you have a shop, or are you just handy with tools?

No shop just my one car garage stuffed full of buells and Buell parts. I work on a couple of local peoples bikes now.

PM sent