Thread: computer buffoon in need of assistance-maps

Inactive
    as the topic indicates please keep in mind i'm 60 (wiggle2 sure to comment on this)....very basic computer skills...and i had desired instructions from sean but can't locate them. here's what i have and what i need via email if you have time:
    i have shop computer with ecmspy downloaded, race maps, etc. it works great and have used it for diagnostics, tps resets, searching trouble codes, etc....and that is the extent of my capabilities. a few years ago i saved the eeprom on one of my ulysses and loaded race map. bike works great but i lost my instructions and must admit they were a tad confusing. having said that, would someone please as time permits email me very simple instructions to walk me thru saving eeprom and where to save it and how....loading a race map which i have in the computer.....PLEASE keep it simple in language a computer buffoon such as i can walk myself thru. greatly appreciate the help. regards, john
    mail: scootertrash196@yahoo.com

Inactive
    wanted to say thanks very much and to board member jason who was kind enough to send me optiside link that contained simple concise instructions that even a illiterate such as myself could understand. thanks jason! email sent.

i have a video of it if you need it! I've watched it like 50 times and still haven't burned the race map i have. i don't know why its so intimidating.

Don't worry John you are not the only one computer challenged being 49 has it's draw backs to. I can't remember what I did yesterday and you probably have forgotten more than I will ever know. :D

Are you looking to flash the entire ECM or just swap the maps?

EDIT: just read your update that you're good now.

Inactive
    and you probably have forgotten more than I will ever know
    you're too kind rick. hopefully we'll get a sunday morning ride in sometime prior t years' end.

just read your update that you're good now
    yes...got what i needed and thanks for the offer of help.

In deed I am looking forward to a ride with you, shooting for October for first sunday if you can make it or sometime sooner.

Any chance I can get some detailed instructions? I am completely computer illiterate as well

Inactive
    Any chance I can get some detailed instructions? I am completely computer illiterate as well
    i received a link to xopti inside.com that had detailed simple to read instructions for using ecmspy and saving your eeprom info as well as maps....then burning a race map. worked great for computer novice such as myself.

i received a link to xopti inside.com that had detailed simple to read instructions for using ecmspy and saving your eeprom info as well as maps....then burning a race map. worked great for computer novice such as myself.
    Excellent. Thanks