Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the forum and Buell

Just wanted to introduce myself and give you a short backgound. I started my two wheel obsession when i was about 10 on a yz80. That lead to the next 13 years or so on a motocross track or trail riding. I never really got the reason why people love an American v twin until i rode a Sportster will 1200 jugs. Needless to say i figured it out then, but still had a speed bug and a HD at the time wouldnt do it for me. My first sport bike was a CBR600F2, kinda like the bike but still wanted that low end grunt. From there spent time on Ducati`s and BMW boxers for about 10 yrs. Then came kids and out went the bikes. Until I finally talked the wife into another. It wasnt easy since we had been together since we where 16 and watched me get twisted up alot in motocross. Never the less I purchased a new Triumph Daytona 675. Two years later little suprise #3 came away went the bike. So in order to fill my bike need i began to find old Honda CB`s and cafe' them out, built a few but it still didnt fill the need. Then when i sold the last one i did i remembered a day i rode a buddies XB. The search was on didnt take long about 5 mins on CL. Found the perfect one. 2004 xb12s, 15k on the clock in almost new like condition. Picked it up for $2400 from a guy that went down on another bike week before and was gun shy now. Ok so not so short but hello to all on here been reading alot on here sounds like i found the right spot to be. When i get time i'll get some pics on, about the only time i get to sit on the computer is lunch break.

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a wealth of knowledge to go along with all the helpful Buellers on here! You'll find everything you need to know about Buells on here!

Glad to have you, Italianjob74! Have you ever pulled off a gold heist on a motorcycle? :)

I can now with the massive amounts of low end grunt this Buell has. That name came about from some buddies I guess since I am Italian, the 74 well you can figure that out. Glad to be here, and if anyone in the great flat state of Kansas wants go for a ride hit me up.

Hello and Welcome! I can relate to the V-Twin vs. I4 thing. I cheated....I did a V4 ('86 Interceptor) when I got back into street bikes. The A/C Buells just have a character that is undeniable.

Welcome to the forum

Welcome. I'm new myself with a Buell XB 12 XT I picked up this spring with 8 miles. Yes, 8 miles! It had no baggage and I paid $7,750. I also have 3 other bikes; a 1996 Sportster Sport, 1999 Yamaha Virago 1100 and a beautiful 1981 Suzuki GS 550 that had 1,300 miles on it. Have about $1,500 total invested in this bike.

Even with trying to alternate bikes to keep them all happy, I've got 4,850 miles on the XB so far and could not love this bike more. I've been riding 41 years and have never done a wheelie.....until this year. The first one was just giving some hard throttle from a stop sign when I noticed my instrument panel rising into the air! So far, I've done 3 more by "accident" just riding like I do on my other bikes. If you don't like this bike then you just don't like motorcycles!

Welcome, great place to learn from the guys that's had them awhile. I have picked up a lot of great info.

So old post but here she is cold as hell here so more pics to come....tail chop next?

hey everyone, my name is Brandon, im from the Bay Area here in CA. I am new to the forum and to Buell, as i just purchased my first buell this week , an 07 xb12s. Once i figure out how to add pics i will put a couple up. Its being shipped from Missouri. Im stoked and cant wait to go take it for a spin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast