Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLV question

I am datalogging my dual wideband setup right now on my 12. I did a couple logs and adjustments in narrowband emulation to get it running and make sure everything was working, and I did my first wideband log this afternoon. AFV locked at 100 and O2 corrections off, just passing the wideband signal to the log.

The logging itself has gone fine, but I have a question about using MegalogViewer. I have it set up for my widebands and can do the VE Analyze and get results, but I want to check on that before I flash it to the bike. I saw Xopti say (on badweb) that the best target AFR for the XB is 13.4 for power.
    gasoline on the bikes afr set to 13.4 for best power. i'm 100% on this value.
    MLV analyzes to make a map from stoich to 12.5:1, depending on TPS and RPM. On another post Xopti says he has his street bike mapped to 13.4:1 everywhere.

The default AFR window is what I'm referring to:

I can easily change MLV to analyze for 13.4:1 on the entire map, but that seems like it would be pretty rich at idle and just waste gas. What are you guys using for these values?

Also as an aside, do Ich's posts show up in German to everyone else?

first of all don't use the "DefaultAFR" for running VE Analyzer. You want to change that to "AFRbins" 1 or 2 it doesn't matter. If you are running the wideband as a permanent install using the narrowband simulation, you can program it to what ever AFR you want for the closed loop. so if you want it say 14.3 in the closed loop, then you program your narrow band simulation to 14.3 afr and change the 14.7's in the afr table to 14.3's...it still switches between a 0-1V signal to trick the ecm to think its running at stoich.

And yes Ich posts in German...we've gotten to the point where we just ignore it...

i would forget about using AFR to make power. it just wont happen.

you CAN however tune for efficiency, drivability, and thermal management. that being said, you can decide where to set your CL region AFR. But as Melv said, be sure that your programmed output from teh LC1 matches that of what you tuned for when you are done and allow the ECM to do its default adjustments.

Be weary though, Im currently in a discussion with the folks at EFIAnalytics regarding the tuning of MLV and the analyzer. I did some tunes, then later added the AFR gauge to verify and it was pretty far off. When we come to a solution, i will keep an update. I will also be putting up a few posts/how-to's with setting up the scatter plots to better understand what the bike is doing in terms of sensor data. This helps to diagnose issues if there are any that would arise.

Thanks for the heads up on the AFR map, I was just following the guide here: Guide and making changes to use my widebands. I switched to AFRBin2 and analyzed and burned the rear cylinder. I test rode it while logging the front cylinder today and it is decent. Still a little fat in the midrange but I plan on doing a lot more logging.

So regarding closed loop once I reactivate O2 corrections and AFV, you are saying to program the output in LM Programmer? So just change it from the pump gas 14.7:1 to whatever custom ratio I need to keep the bike from making corrections and changing my tune?

Good to know about Ich, I always see his posts and people keep commenting all around without seeming to notice the German, it reminded me of the Japanese kid in American Dad.

you will still use the "pump gas' from the drop down (doesnt really matter), but then you go into the analog 1 or analog 2 output, whichever you have going into the ecm, and skew the voltage range to match your desired AFR.

that way the ECM will treat the adjustments as if they were at 14.7, when in fact theyre really at 14.5, 13.8, 14.0, etc. whatever it is you settled on.

you will use a voltag range in LM programmer of .88V to .10V if you leave the midpoint at stock in the ECM.

**note: the graphical voltage graph has an opposite slope in NB mode than that of WB mode

I'm actually running the standard narrow band still and just have my voltages skewed in ecmspy...I could use the simulated narrow band signal from the wideband, but I plan to be able to switch it from front to rear cylinder until I can afford another wideband o2.

I've been mapping the front cylinder mainly the past few days and it has been coming along quite well. The only issue I have seen is that it will run fine, I'll go ride it for a while and log it with no problems.

But if I go to ride it again shortly after parking it, it will be very lean when I start it up. If I let it sit a while and cool it is back to normal and I can go ride again. What would cause that? It's like since there is no cold start enrichment needed it is running too lean. My front cylinder that normally idles right around stoich when warm is in the 17s and the rear that I still need to tune is normally idling around 12.5:1 but is around stoich on warm start. I have been excluding all parts of the log before the bike is out of cold start enrichment so MLV is not seeing any of that in the data.

I would try logging after the bike is already warm. Warm the bike all the way up, then start recording your log. That's what I've done. Then throw my laptop in my back pack and ride.

That's what I did for the first few logs, but I know my neighbors didn't appreciate the bike idling there for so long. So the next ones I logged the whole time, but adjusted the start time on VE Analyzer to start after the temp was above 160*C.

I wonder if there is some setting in ECMSpy I unknowingly changed.

anything away from the standard NB midpoint will be unreliable data so i wouldnt use that for tuning. which i dont think you are.

dramatic variation in AFR based on engine temp may be due to intake seal leaks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast