, multimeter, plugs, times, guessing, leads, sparked, crazy, re-seating, batteries, juice, stranded, dying, light, watched, idling, completely, system, flashing, draining, stuff, mouth, plastic, marks, melted, condition, looked, problem, coming" /> You're grounded! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You're grounded!

Well, after a couple weeks, the problem is back in full force. She stranded me at the bank on my way home from work and I was forced to walk about 5 miles home lol. I've gotta say, it sounds a hell of a lot like what you're saying KeepCalm, I'll try to bring it in to the Harley shop tomorrow. After the initial fix, it held 14+ volts steady, and only dropped to about 13.5 while sitting in traffic. Now all of a sudden I'm watching my voltage at a light (because I'm paranoid about it now) and just watched it go from 12.9 to 11.6 in a matter of 1 minute. That's when I had to go to the bank and it was dead when I came out. Really didn't wanna take her into the shop but I think it's time to fold 'em.

Do you guys agree with the wrong type of battery idea from Keep Calm? It sounds legit but I'd hate to waste another 1 or 2 hundred dollars and it be the charging system or something like that.

Thanks for the advice!

Inactive
    i preface this by saying that i've never owned an 1125 nor have i ever worked on one but i would do the following since your problem has resurfaced:
    1-fully charge your battery and have it load tested for free by any local auto parts store in your locale.
    2-if buying another battery consider batterymart.com the deka big crank is IMO the finest cycle battery on the market for buells. made here in PA by Deka which is also the manufacturer for the buell and H-D OEM batteries. superb quality, maximum CCA's and priced right.
    3-consider your problem a bad VR. a faulty VR will not only show extremely erratic charging but i've also had them drain a battery in 48 hours.
    4-check for parasitic loss. the best battery in the world will not overcome it. see link below for simple test. these 4 steps should isolate your problem.

http://www.batterystuff.com/kb/artic...itic-load.html

Ok, I bought a new VR and it's in the mail. Hopefully I will get it today or tomorrow. I feel like an idiot for this but... I can't find the VR on my bike . Maybe it just doesn't look like what I picture it looking like. Can somebody point me in the right direction real quick? I've been checking around the rotor/stator mostly, but I've given the whole bike a look.

Under the seat on the side of the sub-frame sort of near the key release for the pillion latch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12