Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: buying a uly, but it feels underpowered? help!

My 06 buell will pull the wheel in 2nd by just rolling on the throttle.

Keep in mind it has a few miles on it and might need a o2 sensor. I find that the single wire o2 in these bikes are good to about 15-20k. But who knows maybe you didn't do it right or rolled on too slow? Get to 2,000 rpm and quickly roll the throttle and she should come up.

I had a 2006 Uly with 42,000 miles and it would power wheelie fine shifting into 2nd and going WOT. I always rode with just the top case on and at the time weighed about 240lbs (heavy lifting days).

Well guys I am the proud new owner of a Uly! Talked him down to $3250. Riding home on the freeway it started to clear out some and was pulling a lot harder( got it up to 110). Still doesn't want to pull the wheel but gets up and scoots better. I'm thinking clean the air filter, MAF (do these bikes have a maf? I have much to learn.) put some new plugs in it and run some sea foam through it and I'll bet it will run just fine. Best part is I got home and pulled the seat and found the heated grips were just unplugged. Plugged them back in and they work great!!! Thanks to all of you for the help and advice. I'll post some pics tomorrow when I get to my shop.

good job. no MAF, MAP etc. some things i found along my way... if the fuel pump is really loud when it primes, replace it. while there do the o2 sensor as well. change the plugs to.

here's a video of a loud pump:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQUc...19p-3A5xwLxn3A

and here's one after it was replaced. the old one **** out not much longer after the first video i posted.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHFI...19p-3A5xwLxn3A

Not that it matters, but I also have recently bought 2006 xb12x with 5000 miles, bone stock. It too, would not pull the front wheel off the ground with just throttle alone. It took clutch dumping , and sitting further back on the seat. Well, that just would not do for me. Taking the advice of the experts on this board, the modifications have started. K&N filter( have not done air box mod or catch can) for I can not see how bottom end torque can improve from that, torque hammer exhust from 5-0dro.com , and ecm map that came with the pipe, and wah- la. I am 260 and if hug the airbox cover the nose stays down, but if i move my big rear closer to the rear tire , well at wot 1st and 2nd gear up up and away. I think if you look into these mods and have a some jack to put into it, you will like,the results. I am taking it one more step, by changing primary gear and chain to xb9. It is on the way. Should have it installed next week. I was impressed of the threads about this topic and improvements, some say it becomes a (wheelie monster), I hope so,lol. There are many good threads about pipe upgrades here, I just like,the dyno results,from the torque hammer and it really looks good under the bike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12