Thread: question...

i have an 05 xb9sx. This winter i am going to at least to an open airbox mod with a breather, and i am sending my exhaust off to hawk performance mufflers. how is this going to change the way the bike runs? Do i have to do any ECM re-mapping? i just want a little more response out of the xb9 and a bit louder rumble. any advice before i start this would be greatly apreciated.

Yes, should 100% get a race ECM or attempt a remap.

I run race ECM

Stock will run ok, but you probably won't notice any power difference. Just a lot more popping on decel

Hawk is great!
    Open air box makes it louder also, you hear much more noise since the motor & valves noises are essentially under your crotch & in front of you.

I wear ear plugs with my 9 set up as you seem to be planning.

^yup.

You can remap your computer if you have the tools and knowledge. There are some sharp guys here that could help you with it I'm sure.

Or just buy the EBR race computer tuned to your exhaust. They sell them at EBR racing tuned to different exhausts. It will run great and no worries about the fueling. It will also "delete" the exhaust servo so you can just take it off and not worry about a cel.

I guess it just depends on if your good with tuning, or want to learn. Or if you'd rather spend more to get it done for you.

Good luck with it.

If you send Randy your ECM he will remap it for you. Won't be as good as tuning it but will be set up better for the new pipe. When he did my muffler he was doing the ECM for free and would also do a tail chop for free. That was a couple of years ago so not sure if that is still the case but would be worth asking. He is a GREAT guy to work with. Always willing to take a phone call and talk Buell.

Sounds good guys. i may just end up going with the race ecm. Does anybody have an example of the tail chop that he does? I have been considering doing it myself and i'm pretty handy with a fab job, but if somebody has experience with it and will do it for free for a fellow bueller that's awesome.