Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BIKE SPEAKER?

Anyone have any speakers on their bike so they can listen to some tunes as you ride? or am i pretty much the only none hog rider that thinks this is a cool idea? If you do have them, what is your setup? hows it look / sound?

I have a Cardo Scala rider Q2. It does Bluetooth with my phone, communication with other Q2s, FM radio, and has a plug for your mp3 player. I love it!

There are 2 versions, make sure you get the new one that has the MP3 plug. The Multiset comes with the new version.

Hey Dave how is the volume with it. I where ear plugs and was worried about not being loud enough. I was also looking into the chatterbox XB.

Skyjackb I thought about flush mounting some small speakers in my air box cover pointing up. If I would have stayed with the stock exhaust i might have done it but with the jardine I dont think I would be able to hear it.

I like my tunes and really need to find a way to put some on my bike.

ipod w tiny sony ear buds, works perfect.

The volume is ok. I just updated my speakers to the the ones currently shipping with the mp3 connectivity, and they are larger and louder. Plenty loud with my ipod plugged in. I do have a Noj on my helmet to keep wind noise to a minimum

p.s. I've head REALLY BAD things about the chatterbox. 95% of them are returned.

With the Scala Rider 2 do you have to buy a separate bluetooth dongle to transmit your mp3 to the unit? It doesn't just connect directly does it?

It is a wired connection to the Cardo base on the helmet. I used it for 2 1/2 hours in the rain a few weeks ago.

I don't know if this Thread would include this but i'm currently trying to come up with some speakers mounted on the bike with a power booster and a spot to mount an ipod. I have a firebolt and the thought is to mount the speakers from the mirror bolts, the power booster on the side where the fuses are located, and for the ipod somewhere on the handle bars. Hopefully the idea will work like I plan but its going to take some time to make brackets and try to keep this all clean.:)

Everyone I know -including myself-who has tried a chatterbox has taken it back. just isn't great IMO.
    since then I never wanted to try anything else for fear Itd be a waste of time/money based on past experience.
    I'd love to KNOW something that will work as well as I'd like

Odin, like mentioned before, the Cardos are great. I have several friends that have them, they all love them too. The member on here named Kajer has one, ask him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast