Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth Adapter Group Buy - $51

have you actually been using that chip jetlee? I see its listed at 3.3V. I thought you need one capable of handling 5v without frying it pretty quickly. Like this one https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12577

Yes, I've been using it. It (the JY-MCU based board) is also what Xopti was using in his before he stopped making them. If you read the reviews, they talk about the description being wrong and that it indeed has the 5V/3.3V bridge built in.

That is a BT module sitting on top of another board The bluetooth chip itself uses 3.3V. The board that the chip is set on takes 5V input and steps it down to 3.3V.

In your link, the RN-42 chip is 3.3V as well, but the board is 5V input. Here's the RN-42 by itself: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/retired/10253

If in doubt, an LM317 VR could be used with a couple resistors to get the exact 3.3V, but that still would not break the bank since they're almost half the price; similar-priced when you add in the cost of the necessary resistors.

His excuses are not adding up...literally.

Thanks for the information jetlee. The question was more for my own benefit, not questioning the money part of this at all. This is something i want to stay out of on either side. I have sent you a pm as well.

Thanks for the information jetlee.Â* The question was more for my own benefit, not questioning the money part of this at all.Â* This is something i want to stay out of on either side.Â* I have sent you a pm as well.
    No prob, replied to your PM.

After words with this guy in the past, and Kyle's run-off with the D1 ordeal, I think members should be aware of who/what they're dealing with. Members claim they want transparency and updates, but they're not getting any. I've done the footwork and know what these modules require both time and money-wise. It's not insanely difficult, but even with my new baby (yes I have one too so I know exactly what it takes), I could've knocked these out by now.

Hell, keep an eye out, maybe a batch will pop-up for sale at some point in the near future. They might be more compact, 100% weather-proof with real world time-tested reliability. ;)

buellxb9rs, I just PM'ed you requesting a refund. Please respond either on this thread or via PM. Thanks

I sent you an email also, please respond, or just do a refund.
    Maybe just refund all of us our money back, and when the modules are are done then we pay you?
    The guys above do make sense, but we gave you the benefit of the doubt

I would like a refund as well.

I will pm you.

I PM'ed a couple times also. I'm just looking for a response also, just so I know where he is and some kind of expect ETA. I live in Michigan so it's not exactly the riding time of the year.

Maybe just refund all of us our money back, and when the modules are are done then we pay you?
    Agreed.

Once again, I'm not using cheap Chinese bluetooths. If you bought what I'm using isles a $23 chip plus shipping. New chips are expected around the beginning of february. A sent out 4 or 5 yesterday split across ones sold here and elsewhere as they have been waiting as well.

Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast