Thread: EBR 1190SX Test Ride

San Diego Demo Ride

Me and some friends went to San Diego to test ride the demos. They were all about the BMW's, even though I did test ride the S1000R.

The bike looks great in person, I wasn't sold until I saw her. But after a few test rides I still feel my XB is the bike for me. There are some great updates on the bike, but I feel like it's my bike, only on Ritalin. The bike does seem balanced. There were not any twisties near the dealership and we went as far as we could with the time we had.

I am trying to be bias, as I know the gearing was different and my shifting wasn't 100% legit. I'm also use to my SCG and this rides more like an S.

A few minor issues. The clutch almost had to be fully released before she engaged. Even with adjust the levers, it was annoying. The rear brake is inset too close the engine. I know we don't use it much, but I found it hard to get to and the "knob" on the pedal is tiny. Maybe a mod further down the line.

The electronics seem a bit glitchy, odometer, revs, etc.

Overall, the bike is great. But it didn't fully put that smile on my face like my bike does. I hope my next bike will be a new EBR and maybe the next generation will do just that, for when I am in the market to buy another.

If I had to get another bike soon, I may just pick up another SCG. But if I had to get a new bike today, it my be the Super Duke, or Tuono V4 R.

I'm still a newish rider and my review of the bike is just that. I don't know all the super nurd details.

had the same issue with brake and shift levers, kinda tucked in a bit, was hunting for 'em on the RX, but think with time I'd get use to it

The 1125 is the same way. It feels like you can't even get to the brake pedal. I kinda freaked the first time I rode it lol I was flailing my leg around searching for the brake pedal. Not that I need it. I just thought maybe it fell off or some ****. Cause for concern regardless.

I am assuming the 1125 and 1190 have the same pedal geometry seeing as they are both derived of the same engine. It takes some getting used to. But they are both adjustable.

but think with time I'd get use to it
    Yep....just like me...from Interceptor to XB9SX. I got used to it.