Thread: Buell X1 won't start 99

The bike ran great ...A little bit of a cold starter .....I changed clutch cable now it don't start...Turns over strong sounds like it's gonna start almost catches 2-3 times and then no more.....has new plugs with spark...has fuel in the fuel filter ....but won't start any help will be appreciated...Thanks

Start with the basics. Shifter in Neutral. Check the Neutral Safety Switch if one is on the bike. Precharge the battery to have good power before starting. Battery Terminals clean and snug. When something like this happens it was either something coming up to be fixed OR work done and just got overlooked by accidently.
    Clutch Cable may be still in need of Adjusting and could be slightly dragging, the Starter just enough to keep it from starting. Please be sitting on the bike so if a jolt or starter catches it wont pull forward causing problems. A pit Stand comes in handy for getting rear of bike up to check this type of problem when working along. Recheck your work it may be a small adjustment .Jimi*

Kingdom I'm running into the same issue. My buddies 99 won't start either. No work was done to it though. The fuel pump and injectors spray, batteries good, connections and wiring sound, power and ground is fine, gas is good, lines have been cleaned out and the filter changed. Could someone tell us whether these things are just really cold blooded? My XB doesn't have this issue.
    thanks,
    JP

JP... check the kick stand switch. I can't remember if the bike is stone dead when that fails or if it will still crank over. Mine went and I bypassed.

Pur, I already bypassed it. I pulled the injectors and hit the system to see if there is flow. There wasn't any. Either injects or fuel pump. Only happens in the cold so I'm thinking the pump since it won't even prime or move fuel. Time to drop cash on a pump.

Kingdom, not trying to jack your thread. Just figured I chat here in case it helps you too bud.

Kingdom, did you ever find the issue? We ended up finding an issue with the fuel pressure regulator. Got a new one and now it runs like a champ.

1999 X1 hard to start

Hi there,I have a 1999 X1 and it has just decided to become hard to start,good spark,fresh fuell,good battery ,I can here fuel pump priming but just doesnt want to even look like wanting to fire!Eventually it will fire after Iv primed it a bunch of times.When it running it doesnt miss a beat!and starts straight away after a run!any ideas ?cheers