Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any guitarists here?

Well, I guess this is pretty far off M/C topic. But if you are a picker... what guitars you like? What amps you play? What style music you mostly play?

gibson gs. telecaster( mexican) fender tune deluxe( currently broke and may never get fixed)
    Style- As I lay Dying, Erra, August Burns Red, Born of Osiris. Don't know what genre you called all that.

Grestch Double Anniversary hollow body electric. A gift from my Grandfather.

I dabble in the art of stringy things. I have played in many bands over the years from bluegrass to melodic death metal. I hoard guitars...... I am an intermediate luthier. Right now my main guitars are two seven strings. A dean rc7, fantastic seriously underrated guitar btw, and a 7 Frankenstein made from aparts from an early issue ibanez 7321 with a solid AAA mahogany body with a 1in deep flamed top. Was into 8 strings for a while. 9 strings very briefly, I think I have now permanently settled in 7. As for the rig I play a Laney irt120h and a Vader 4x12. I seriously love this combo. I've gone through many amps and feel that this is easily the most versatile "heavy" focused rig I have ever had. Right now I am messing around with some heavier music with an old friend of mine. I'll link the SoundCloud later if you guys are interested.

I play folk and bluegrass too. I have an old old old fender acoustic and a newer cheaper fender 12 string I plunk around on in the later hours of the evening.

Music is the one thing I feel for as strong as I feel for my motorcycle. They are both a large part of who I am. I am glad that bother people share these passions :)

What about you nicholas900?

2x steinbergers and a schecter s-1 elite. Mainly play hard rock, but also like old country pickin

Bass player here. I currently play in a 90s "buzz" cover band (Silverchair, nirvana, etc). I play both finger and pick style. My rig is a Markbass hybrid 600w pushing an Ampeg "fridge" 8x10 cab. Keeps the guitar players in check. I use a 5 string Squier Jazz V active for the versatility, an Ibanez EDB400 Ergodyne for half step/drop tuning, and I bought a Epiphone Goth Explorer because the price was good for a backup. I also have a Fender T- Bucket acoustic bass for when we are just hangin around somewhere.

I can play here comes the sun on one cord if that counts!

I've been playing for around 22 years. I mostly play blues, blues rock, and hard rock. I have a bunch of stuff collected over the years. Mostly various Les Paul's. I have a R9 flame top that has been my go to for 3-4 years now. Other than LP's I have an Ibanez JS2400 for hard rock.

For amps I usually like smaller combos that I can crank up. I've been using a Fuchs ODS30 for a while and like it quite a bit. I like little Fender amps too. For the heavy stuff I have a Fender 5150 III 50w head and 4-12. It peels paint.

I played in bands when I was younger, but life got in the way. It's just a hobby for me now. I do like to make guitar kits as a hobby. Have a lot to learn as far as that goes.

I can't imagine playing 7 strings or more ha ha. I don't even have six totally figured out yet lol.

I dabble in the art of stringy things.
    lol.:D

heard him play once, sounded pretty good to me for an impromptu session. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast