Thread: Bleeding brake line wont get pressure

So i recently rebuilt my front brake caliper after noticing a stuck piston and now i can't sem to get brake pressure up front. I've been bleeding the **** out of the brake line trying to get all the air out but it seems to be endless (no really i've been going at it with the mityvac for 2 days).

Thus I'm convinced it was a leak, i don't think it's in the caliper itself, can't say I'm sure it's not a bad master but that seems ok. Pressure will build up if i pump the brake but then fade. Gonna check my bajo bolts and crush washers but i'd thought I'd check in see if there are any other common issues with xb brake lines that could be leaking.

As always thanks.

I've been having issues with getting the rear bled, my preference is to reverse bleed from caliper to res which works 99.9% of the time for me. this time it kicked my ass, so got a vacuum bleeder from Harbor Freight, seemed to work well, though bled it several more times before getting some firm feedback on the pedal.

I had a similar issue in the front. Any updates or info would be appreciated

So i decided to do an old school bleed using just the master cylinder instead of the mityvac. I'm getting pure fluid now, no bubbles at all and yet my brake pressure still isn't rising. Does this mean i have a bad master cylinder?

So i fixed it, and it's a bit embarrassing, but i'm now in search of the brake pad spring for the front caliper. Does anyone sell this part? Tried the buellparts and americansportbike sites w no luck, might call em tomorrow.

Sounds like it....i use a pheonix bleeder now. Recently bought it and its easier than the mityvac. I recently changed brake lines on a 300 and had a hell of a time bleeding....finally used this on it and made it a dream.

So i fixed it, and it's a bit embarrassing,
    if you don't mind me asking, what was the solution?

I've always used a simple trick...

1. Fill reservoir
    2. Open bleeder valve
    3. Attach tube to valve
    4. Put other end of tube in half-full fluid bottle
    5. Pump brake vigorously till reservoir is only half full
    6. Close bleeder valve
    7. Remove tube
    8. Fill reservoir
    9. All done

Yeah, it wastes a little bit of fluid, but oh well. Bleed all my vehicles, 4 and 2 wheels, this way without issues and no expensive vacuum-bleeder-reverse-doohickeys. I always get tight and responsive feel in my brakes.

I always get tight and responsive feel
    This is ALWAYS a good thing! :D

But seriously...I have done it this way on my vehicles when I'm by myself with no help. I have had good results as well.

Had this issue with one of my sportys after some brake work. Many hours of bleeding normally and with a mighty vac, still had a soft lever. Someone suggested pumping the lever then keep it applied by tying it to the grip then leave it set overnight. I did.......next morning, firm lever. :)