Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not going into closed loop

I am still trying to help this Brazilian XB rider figure out whats going on with his bike. On ecmspy we can see that it isn't going into closed loop even with brand new O2 sensors. We are getting a reading on engine temperature but still no closed loop. Could it be that the engine temp sensor can give a temp reading but still not be good and prevents the bike from going into closed loop somehow?

the O2 sensor has to reach operation temp itself to give accurate readings. Exhaust leak maybe?

Rwgaurdless of the engine temp sensor if the engine is running the o2 is getting warm. Can he hold the idle at 2,000 rpm for 30 seconds?

temperature will go above operating temp and it still doesn't go into close loop. I will have him run it up to 2K rpm and see if it goes in to closed loop.. I thought I remembered mine going into closed loop at idle as long as it was warmed up.

Exhaust leak will do that? Its funny that you mention that.. just by looking at his videos that he put up in the past, the bike usually didn't start on the first try,usually the third.. I was suspecting an intake leak or injector leak.. could that cause it not to go into closed loop?

has the o2 been disabled in the ecmspy diagnostics tab?

minimum rpm to activate o2 at 600?

did you plug it in when replaced?

we check that on ecmspy O2 was active.. I will ask him to confirm if he plugged it in.. I doubt that is the problem because this isn't the first O2 he has tried to use in it. What is weird is that he had another O2 in there earlier and put the race map into it and clicked right in to closed loop.. but he was running the stock exhaust and we think it killed that O2 a few weeks later. So hes got a new O2 in there and went over the stock map but no closed loop. Now here is the thing, the first one he had was a brand new Bosch I sent him, that seems to have died due to a really wired map that was in the ecm originally, it wasn't stock it wasn't race, looks like something his old bad sensors did to it maybe under some kind of high AFV reading. So then he gets a aftermarket O2 that should work based on the numbers, I think it is a (it was named like some famous artist but I forgot).. anyway we put that in there along with a KN and we put the race map to see if it would work because Ive read were some guys ran the stock exhaust with the race map and it supposedly ran fine.. he did that for a few weeks but it stopped going into closed loop... he ditched that O2 and got another one and we just put the stock map in there.. still no closed loop. He says hes got a good ground to the header too. I don't understand this one.. its real unusual. All I can think of is some kind of ground issue somewhere.. a broke wire somewhere but Im not there with him to look for it.

the ecm doesnt change the maps.

so as long as you set everything back to stock, i suggest you start diagnostics from that point. i also dont think he's damaging o2 sensors that fast. either the ECM is not seeing the o2 (which should give a CEL) or he has a setting jumbled up in there

did he uncheck the "idle closed loop" tick box?

there was a weird fuel map in there when we first checked it in ecmspy... I mean weird looking.

I will check with him about unchecking that box.. he is not an English speaker and maybe he got it backwards and unchecked it.

it would almost make sense for him to send ECM to someone who will reflash to stock

i also dont think he's damaging o2 sensors that fast.
    This is JUST a thought..........He's off-shore. Does their fuel have lead in it? If so, this will kill an O2 sensor in short order.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast