Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 CR Potential Buyer Help

I am looking at a 2009 1125CR with approximately 7500 miles with the following:
    -Race ECM
    -HMF pipe
    Corbin seat (have factory seat as well)
    -Bar end mirros
    -2010 LED taillight (probably still have the red 2009 light)
    -Fender eliminator
    -Custom heel guards (I probably have the factory guards around somewhere)
    -Red paint in great condition
    -1" drop pegs (also have rear sets although not installed)
    -New Dunlop Q2's put on last season and might have 2000 miles on them
    -Comes with Buell jacket

I have an 04 XB12S but do not now much about what CR's are going for. Owner is asking $5500, which seems a little high too me. Wondering what CR owners have been paying, is this is a reasonable price. Owner also noted that he has the following:

"Also have extras that can be worked into and/or around the purchase of the bike. Including (off the top of my head) front and rear Pit Bull wheel stands, extra set of new red radiator pods, extra new gauge cluster, red fly screen, high bar kit, Buell tail bag, Buell backpack, and what ever else is in the "Buell extras" box in the garage."

Thought about trying to make a package deal and then selling what I don't want or need. Again, not sure what these extras are worth. Any information would be helpful. I know Bluebook is lower but also realize that bluebook is not always reflective of actual market values.

I would say $3500 + $4000 ,h-d was trying to dump them for $5000 new when closing. Extras are up to you.

$5500 isn't out of line at all, especially with the mileage. I'd offer $5k and see if he bites, $3500-4000 is just too damn low. I'd get pretty pissed if it were me and you offered that low an amount. I get the whole "lets make a deal" thing, but seriously, $3500 for that bike is an insult.

3500 is really cheap.

$2300, with charging issues, electrical issues, tweaked on by a "buell" tech, oil leak, and missing parts 26k miles.

$750 into fixing charging system
    $10 for oil leak
    And my bike has been down almost a month. Granted im into it $3000 id have paid another $1000 not to have these issues.
    edit: its also bone stock. Throw in the ecm and other goodies $5000 sounds fair

Guess i stole this one for 2500 with 15k on it.....finally i got a break

^ umm, you did, but we're talking cr's here so maybe a new thread would be the place for that :D

I could just ditto dean's answer. With upgrades, I think $5500 is where I'd be too. Sure, I'd offer $5k, but $5500 is appropriate.

Going on year number four with my CR. I would say that pricing would be determinant to the mods and bugs being worked out. Has the stator been upgraded? Is the clutch weeping?

I would gladly pay $5k if that problem was fixed and the specs were the same as what you have listed. If it wasn't, I would lean more towards a lower price. Love the CR and it runs great once the bugs are worked out. Looking forward to laying down more miles on mine in 2015.

Owner said PO, who he knows, had the stator done under warranty. No problems with clutch weep. Doesn't have stock ECM and isn't sure which race ECM it has since PO did the ECM swap and the exhaust. I haven't gone to look at the bike yet but am assuming I can take the part number off the ECM and figure out which it is and for what exhaust. Anything else you CR'ers suggest I look for or at when I pay a visit other than normal stuff like leaks, scratches and dings, brake pads, belt, tires, etc.? Spoke with the owner on the phone and he has only run Mobile 1 with regular changes. Sounded pretty knowledgable about Buells but is more focused on off roading and quads.

Sure wish the PO had gone with one of Dean's exhausts instead of the HMF. Don't know much about the HMF's. Getting insurance and loan quote, and sweet talking the wife, then will decide whether or not to move forward on this but would really like to pick this up, and it is local.

Theycallmecrash - yeah, don't want to add a CR and those kinds of problems. I've done all the maintenance and work on my XB12S except replacing tires, which is one of the things I love about it, but don't want to have to do because of unknown issues.

Dean - Thanks for the advice. $5500 sounded a little on the high side but $3k-$4k sounds really low unless there are issues that I don't know about yet. If it is as the owner indicates then I was thinking coming back with $4900 and then dickering on the price and what extras to include. Would be nice to include the extra pods, stock seat, stands, and bags. Unfortunately the jacket is an XL. Unless these run small it will be big on me but I could always sell it to offset the cost of the bike, which might help appease the wife :D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast