Thread: Is this e-bay item ligit.....?

Saw this cable and software (to upgrade my stock ECM to race) for sale on E-bay? Anyone use this and how has it worked for you so far? Thanks!
    Race ECM cable.

I really want to upgrade my ecm to prevent my bike from popping and throttle hesitation. If this cable isn't legit, is a race ECM my only option Cuz the Harley dealership wont remap my stock ECM.

It is legit, but please do yourself a favor. Research ECMSpy first, just search for it on this forum. It's not as easy as the guy is making it out to be. Also, please look for the ECMSpy cable on ebay and don't buy from this illiterate moron. Furthermore, if you do decide to get the cable (from him or another person) back up your stock map to a flash drive and keep it away from your computer. This ensures that you can always go back to your original stock map if something goes wrong or you accidentally change a setting and can't remember which one it was. Hope that helps. ECMSpy is a DIY tool to be utilized by those not faint of heart. Good Luck man.

Do yourself a big favor and buy the cable here -->http://www.xoptiinside.com/buell_store. Plus Xopti is a complete wizard with the Buell ecm and Ecmspy software.

Yes, the software is legit and very helpful. I have used it many times.

FIDOSOL tattoo72 and edipis. Thank you so much for your input!
    I will definitely be buying from a better source and I'll make sure to research as much as possible!
    FIDOSOL +1 on the idea of backing up the stock info in case I screw up!
    I love my Buell and plan to keep it as long as possible therefore I hope it works great to ensure a long life of my motor!

I've purchased the cable/link from off ebay, and works well for what I've needed it for (TPS reset). Downloaded the software from ecmspy's website and everything worked well. Paid $40 for cable from sixity ebay store, I believe they also have a website as well. Used the best offer option, and put in an offer for $40 and they accepted with free shipping.

Hopefully this helps :)

Good to know!!! Thanks only1reds. I just purchased it for tps resets too.