Thread: New Blaster

Hello fellow Blasters. I'm getting my first bike this weekend, and I am wondering what to look for. It's a 2009 Buell Blast, with 3482 miles. I'm paying $1350 for it, and just want to make sure that I'm getting a good deal.
    The PO says it's stock, except for the led brake and turn signals.
    I'm also wondering if I should ride it this winter, or wait until spring? Should I modify it right away, or ride it for a few months and then decide if I want to modify it?
    The pic I'm posting is the PO's, so I hope he's not mad at me. I'll post some of my own once the bike is fully in my possession.
    Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Daniel.

Blasts are great, so enjoy. They are the red headed step child of buells.

Sounds like a good price, and my advice on modifying is leave it stock performance, cosmetic do what ya like. If you really want to enjoy the bike get rear sets for it, hard to justify the price though. Enjoy

I get the analogy but I like redheads they have explosive personalities and are full of surprises! I even have one of my own! Let's say the blast is the slow stepsister! Or better yet if the xb is a Ferrari fun to look at and fun to drive then the blast would be a yugo you don't want to look at it and you definitely don't want to drive it! But they made them so to each his own. don't get me wrong I do love to see someone take something different and make it really special!

Hello fellow Blasters. I'm getting my first bike this weekend, and I am wondering what to look for. It's a 2009 Buell Blast, with 3482 miles. I'm paying $1350 for it, and just want to make sure that I'm getting a good deal.
    Sounds like a great deal assuming everything is in good shape

I'm also wondering if I should ride it this winter, or wait until spring?
    Depends on the weather where you live. As long as there's no ice or snow I'd ride it.

Should I modify it right away, or ride it for a few months and then decide if I want to modify it?
    If you have extra cash an aftermarket exhaust helps a lot. Jardine makes a good one and Vance $ Hines makes a decent one for under $250. A K&N air filter is an easy and relatively cheap upgrade over stock. If you do go with an aftermarket exhaust you'll need to rejet the carb. There's lots of info on that if you go that route.

Wish my first bike could of been a Blast...instead it was a Honda rebel 250...oh the days....have fun with it

I'm having fun with it, but I have now crashed it twice. 15-20mph on a gravel road that was muddy, and @ around 40 on pavement with small rocks on the road. I guess two wrecks in 1 1/2 months ain't bad. I went and picked it up in mid-April, and been riding it every chance I get. It's currently in the shop for new fork seals, so I guess I need to learn how to apply the brakes a little bit softer.