Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hella headlights for firebolt

Can anyone provide any additional info on this:

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/...l#.VFq-mvnF-0A

I desperately need a headlight fix for my firebolt, and am willing to spend $100 or so dollars and take a day to make an adapter plate, but I don't have a whole lot of info on these lights. Why do they look differently(is one low beam, one high beam?). Any info on what I'd need to buy as far as part numbers for low and hi beam, etc would be greatly appreciated. And these should just wire straight up to the existing harness right? I know I'll have to make it fit to the connector, but nothing else right(such as relays, resistors, whatever...)?

http://www.amazon.com/Hella-90mm-Hea...+low+beam+90mm

They look different due to being low/high beam. The connections are likely different as Hella's are H9 and I don't remember what the firebolt bulb type is. Not that big a deal really.

No need for hacking up the harness as "standard" headlight bulbs are all ~45-55W - doesn't matter what type of bulb socket.

Also - a bi-halogen (low and high in one) - http://www.amazon.com/HELLA-00999802...Y5J5DTJEG8KZVN

I modified my oem lights to hake h4 led bulbs.

That'll probably be my next "mod" - get rid of the HID and do LEDs.

I appreciate the help. I'm poor with electronics and don't really know anything about lighting. I'm fine with halogen bulbs as long as they are decent. With the stock lights with the reflective coating gone I have literally no light. I mean looking into the lights they are bright, but they don't reflect out, I can only see about 5 or 10 feet in front of me. I think I"ll try the hella low and high beam lights, I'm on a budget and need it done fast. I'll update when I get to it.

You can get an HID set cheaper and they'll be bright enough. Or you try the LED bulb. In either case, there's really no rewiring to do and it'd be quicker to do than fitting the Hella's.

Granted, the Hella set is going to have a much better light pattern than a HID retrofit kit in halogen projectors, but you know.

I did the led's so both bulbs would be high and low. I'm not a fan of the separate lights for high and low. Just drill out the lights a little larger to accommodate the larger bulb and trim the bulb base with a cut off wheel so you can use the stock retainers

you say "you know" about the hid's, but I really don't know...

I know very little about this, I have no problem with separate high/low beams, or integrated ones either. I just want decent lighting so I can ride at dark. Doesn't have to be bragging rights, just so I can see what's ahead. I figured halogens would be cheapest, easiest, and best for the buck. I'm a fan of leds, so that is certainly an option, I just don't know anything about it or how to go about it. I'm shying from hid because every hid retro fit I've ever seen has always been a complete hack job.

How'd you do the high and low for the bulbs?

so say I wanted led's, what are my options? Can you post some links so I could see some lights, and prices? Thanks in advance...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast