Thread: Uly 09 exhaust issues

Hi

I bought a Uly xb12xt 2009 salvage (no comments please) it was flooded, it was not working, I changed almost everything in the electric parts like speedometer, race ecm, fuel pump, the entire wire system, lights, temp bulb, sparks, k&n filter, injectors. As I change each part the bike was starting to work better and better and now I donĀ“t now what to do:
    It starts very gently at 2000 rpm if its cold and starts going down to 1000 when hot, but the RPM star moving between 1000 and 1200 rpmĀ“s very fast. without riding my biek after about 8 minutes my bike turns off, let it cool again and starts perfect but after a wile it stops.

I have an ugly brandless aftermarket open exhaust with no interactive exhaust connected, I didnĀ“t reset the new race emc, what do you guys think is wrong?

come on guys, 13 views in 5 minutes and no posts? please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Those 13 people may not have the answer? I don't, but if it's dying after idling for 8 minutes, I'd change out the head temp sensor with a new one. The exhaust won't really do anything to it as far as idling unless it's excessively lean.

It starts very gently at 2000 rpm if its cold and starts going down to 1000 when hot, but the RPM star moving between 1000 and 1200 rpmĀ“s very fast. without riding my biek after about 8 minutes my bike turns off, let it cool again and starts perfect but after a wile it stops.
    I really don't know what your asking.

why I canĀ“t mantain the rpmĀ“s steady? and why it turs off after about 8 to 10 minutes of being on?

do you think I need a reset because I have a new race ecm? can I program my ecm with an open exhaust?

I had a crappy race ECM on a 09 12r before. Complete swap of parts & had a high idle then really low after warm. That could be part of the problem. I stuck stock in & bike ran fine. I'd start with a stock ECM to make sure that's not the issue, then dig into the bike

Isnt the interactive exhaust disabled with the race ECM?

Is the coil new?

I run a 09 uly with race ECM but stock exhaust, depends on what you tell EBR you want

If it is a new race ecm I would do a tps reset. I believe the new ones idle around 2000 cold and will drop to 1000+1200 . I could be wrong but here is their phone number to ask them #(262-642-1627) hope this helps