Thread: Custom Seat

I want to make a custom seat for my blast that would be styled around a typical cafe racer seat, but I've had some trouble finding a cheap old used seat that I can rip apart and then use to make the new seat. Any help or other ideas?

Do you mean just the seat pad? Or are you planning on making a different styled seat cowling and a seat pad to fit it?

I might have a few ideas for you, just not sure what your asking....

Good luck with it.

I am hoping to use the plastic seat pan and shape my own foam, then reupholster it, so that it will just snap back onto the bike like the OEM ones. I've also been thinking of forming a fiberglass seat cowl and incorporating that into the design somehow. At his stage I'm really not sure what I'm going to do, all ideas are still on the table.

How about making a small cowl to slip on when your out by yourself, and removable for your girl?

Just for an idea, my Triumph has a plastic seat cowl that is removable. Just something to think about. Some work into this bike, but the seat cowl is factory...

Are you good at fiberglass? Maybe you could make a slip on fiberglass seat bump.... If you click on my forum name it will show you some pictures of my Buell, and if you scroll down through them and click my build link, check out page 2. I put up a pretty good "garage" fiberglass video.

Again, good luck with er.

That fiberglass idea is exactly what I'm pursuing right now, I've started work this morning. Hopefully I can post some photos of my project.

By the way is that a Thunderbird sport? My father has a custom Thunderbird sport cafe racer that looks almost exactly the same as that and is one of my favorite bikes of all time. He has the same seat cowl to.

And I checked out your page, that Buell build is fantastic, kudos to you man.

Thumpe did a cafe and so did I -
    Thumpe's Cafe

EZBlast's Cafe

EZ

Ex where did you get those hand bars? Also that seat is bomb.