Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parting out 1125r

There always APPEARS to be interest but once you throw prices out no one has money... Id expect $3-4k in used parts value.

I had a deposit on a Clean title frame once for $700, that's a good starting point for a clean 1125 frame. I ended up selling bike whole & sending deposit back. It was another member here. Get deposits before tearing a bike down! There's always that person late to party who wants bike whole but missed the ad for a few days...

Yes it's always cheaper to buy a whole bike than piece by piece.

I would be interested in the starter parts you mentioned. Hate to see you part out the bike though. :(

I still want the exhaust and ecm if you decide to sell. Just let me know.

Logix, you didn't get them yet? I thought you were on the hunt for al that stuff a while back?
    I will do the math tonight and know in the morning what I will do. My listing is up in a few days and will decide what to do then. If I could trade my bike for a small truck that would allow me to sell the honda accord I use. I know I could move that thing.
    Also if I part out that will make my shop a waste land of parts that I will never get rid of. Geez.
    Shawn, would you want the title too?

Yep... Dmv added an extra 1 to my mileage and I've been trying for a while to get it fixed. They think my bike has 188000 miles on it. What happened that your considering parting it out?

Nothing. I still go out and ride daily. I just don't really like the 1125 that much. I have it for sale locally and can't even get a text saying "your bike needs a nose job" or " too much money, how about 2,500"

Logix, you didn't get them yet? I thought you were on the hunt for al that stuff a while back?
    yeah, but got too busy with life right now. When I have the extra money seems like something always happens. Hot water heater goes out, car breaks down, kids have an emergency and whoop, there goes the money. LOL. Have to laugh to keep from screaming. Anyways, have already winterized the bike and put up for the rest of the year. Have to buy a new (new to me) car/truck next week and move by the end of the year. Should start breaking loose with some extra cash in the next two weeks as my work spools up for the end of the year push.

Sorry to hear that your thinking of parting out the bike. Been rough for me for a couple of months now. When the wife passed away last spring our insurance only covered 80% of the expenses. Thought about selling the bike a couple of times, but the Buelligan in the back of my head starts kicking the **** out of my prefrontal lobe and yelling obscenities at my conscience. If I hadn't bought the bike from Dean the first part of summer I would have lost my mind already. Hope everything works out for you Chris and you stay in touch.
    John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12