Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know this XB12SS owner/bike?

I've been trying to reach out to this owner for a possible purchase, but with not much luck at this point. I'm not sure if my distance to his location is scaring him away or what (I'm about 8hrs away).

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/4745029613.html

After going through four different models in four years, Im thinking I need a blacked-out 09 SS. Had an 07 SS and really miss it...this one even has Dean's exhaust on it. PLEASE don't buy it out from under me...

Does anyone know this owner, and if so, can you help me get in contact with him?

OR are you selling one?

Thanks,
    Dan

Yes, I know who it is. Dave is the owner. Shoot me a PM, I'll get you his contact info.

I do, buy it. That nasty ill tempered old fart has a list of three bikes he's considering after he sells his Xb and Kaw.

A BIG shout out to Dean for taking the time to call me to tell me about this bike (he had installed his pipe on it), and for connecting me with the seller. 18 hours and 1100 miles of driving later I have what looks to be a showroom new (seriously, you wouldn't believe it) blacked-out 09 SS with Dean's pipe, the RT-XB. After owning previous Buells with Jardine carbon fiber, Jardine aluminum, Spec-Ops, and Hawk, I can honestly say that the Dean Adams Designs pipe blows them away for sound quality. While exhaust sounds are perhaps a bit subjective/opinion-based, MY vibe is that the Jardines are screaming loud and a bit brittle, and the Spec-Ops and Hawk (both very similar IMO) are deeper but a bit hollow and slightly tinny. All of them were just missing something...

In addition to being completely beautiful to look at ( this one is radius tip w/polished finish), the RT-XB is just the right tone color and volume. It's definitely loud, but it's a DEEP, RICH loud - lots of thump and a big fat low end note. When you give it the juice, it really lights up, but without the raspiness and aural pain of some of the other exhausts I've had. My initial reaction is that this pipe is going to bring me many smiles!

If I had this exhaust on any of my other bikes, I might never have sold them...

Thanks to Dean for reaching out and connecting me with this bike.

Bike intro (pics too) coming in another post...

Congrats on picking up the bike. It is a real. Beauty from the pics. I just picked up a uly yesterday so I know the exact feeling you have right now. Enjoy it. I'm sure you're going to spend a little time in the garage and driveway just starting at it. It's perfectly normal no matter what your wife has to say about it :D

Glad you made it home safely...Enjoy

congrats...that's Buell dedication in traveling the distance to attain yet another piece of art:D

All that and no pics

Bike intro (pics too) coming in another post...
    Uh… Like 3 months ago…

Suffice it to say, I've seen the bike in person, worked on it a little bit and it is one of the cleanest 12's I've seen. Dave takes care of his stuff, this one was no exception.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast