Thread: Pulley Cover Rubbing

So I picked up a Buell XB9S a week ago and I have quite excited. Never thought I would own one. This is my first. I have been going over a few things on the bike that might need adjusting or repair and I am finding a few things here and there. One problem I see is the rear brake pedal rubs the pulley cover. Not sure about the mounting but anyone ever come across this? Is there a spacer that is in the way? Could my Pedal be bent?

Thanks

Can you take a picture of it?

I can later tonight

No there should not be a spacer between the rear set and lever.... I'm assuming the bike fell over on its right side....... Throw a closed end wrench on the and bend it back out, to where it doesn't touch.

Bend it slow or the cast will break.... And if it's a aftermarket brake lever take it off and beat it back flat.

I am thinking you might be right. I look all over the bike and there doesn't seem to be any damage anywhere else. I will have a look at it again when I get home tonight.

Is it an 03? Mine has spacers that hold out the pulley cover and they've never seemed right to me. As a matter of fact, I stacked washers under the end of mine to get it to line up the way that I think it should be. Without them the cover seems to be really torqued...

'03 pulley covers do not have spacers, however they do have two black nylon washers for the two smaller screws and one metal for the single rear longer screw. The large washer is about an 3/4" in diameter. The only spacer near by would be on the swing arm for the belt guard. Which attaches to the swing arm brace by the rear suspension lower mount.

Unless we're talking about different locations... I'll take pics later if I'm not shoveling snow