Thread: In need of ebr ecm and wiring help/advise

My 2007 xb9sx's story so far is, it was hit on its right side landing on its left while sitting in a parking lot in April, resulting in it needing a new swing arm and left side primary cove among other things. This work took the dealership 40+ days to repair. After that in August the bike began blowing main fuses, thinking it was related to the accident I took it back to the dealership where after "repair{ing} two wires that had been chaffed together under RT side cover(the driver foot peg cover)" i was told they couldn't for sure say if it was or wasn't related to the accident. Next in September while riding out of state the bike started sputtering/surging then died on the side of freeway. So I took it to a area dealership, where the said the ecm was fried and most likely there's a short in the main wiring harness and after they put a used ecm on the bike to test it, it was giving error code; 11, 14, 15, 16, 44- they also some how managed to stretch out my exhaust springs. So i trucked the bike home and dropped it off at my local dealership again, where after charging me for the diagnostic they only told me that the brake light switch is now not working and that it needs a new ecm ($368 + 1 hour of work) and probably needs a new wiring harness ($373 + 6 hours of work) but they're not sure where the problem is, after this they told the other drivers issuance company that they again cant be sure or not if this problem is accident related and that this is a know problem on "older" buells. So all this leaves me with a few questions;

1) Has anyone had any issues with the main wiring harness on a 2007 xb9sx the bike has 30k miles?
    2) Does anyone know if ill have any problems using the ebr xb9 race ecm since its tuned for the race can and not jardine?
    3) Does anyone know where i can find replacement springs for my jardine can?
    4) Can anyone recommend a place to get work done on my buells in Arizona?

I know i don't post much, I mostly lurk around, and thanks in advance for any advise or help.

Forgot to add the first dealership refused to tare down the bike and look for any other issues and didn't do any internal engine diagnostics.

Are you mechanical? The harness really isn't terribly hard to replace. A used oem ecm can be had for $100 which is better than any race ecm Why? Because it can be tuned to how ever you want.

Bump
    I can mechanically handle installing the wiring harness, the main issues is time since I'm a college student.

That's about what I hear when working with dealerships. Where are you located?
    Yay college!

Phoenix,Az

While replacing my wiring harness I've been stopped because I found the two wires the dealer "repaired," it turned out to be voltage regulator wires, and what he did was remove the plastic housings and crimp and use heat shrink tube. Does anyone know if this repair job could of caused my problems. [img]null[/img]
    vs

As long as the connection is solid you should be ok. They should be soldered and shrinked to avoid them coming loose in the future.