Thread: Modified Stock Mirrors

When I bought my Lightning it had some aftermarket mirrors that looked great but the field of view was poor. So I bought some OEMs and a can of flat paint and lowered them with a cutting rock and a stick welder. Images are still blurry at certain rpm but I can tell when someone is behind me now and I think they look pretty good.[img]null[/img]

cool, if it works for you then that's all that matters...if down the road you decide to replace them, look into the Aprilia Tuono mirrors

Good job. People keep bugging me about changing my mirrors to bar ends, but my reply is, "I need to know what is behind me at all times."

You all just keep that in mind good idea. Darn Texters. See if you can get you a right side Air scoop so as to help with cooling when moving along. Nice Bike Go through the Forum and bone up on your machine inspect the wear items BELT and such The air cooled engine does get HOT.
    Amsoil 20/50 or 20/60 works well for Engine and Transmission. and NGK DCPr9eix spark plugs work well also.
    Some DEI. com for some exhaust Wrap.
    or the Ulysses Comfort Kit has everything you need to help with the Cooling just make sure NOT to Install the Fan piece . Possibly American Sportbike .com
    The Scoop and Rear Exhaust Shield for header works very well from that kit AND quick to install. Ride Safe. There are places you can get just the scoop . When changing your fluids make sure to just snug the Oil Drain Plug so as not to strip out the threads. Check around. * Jimi

Thanks for the suggestion about the Tuono mirrors. I've seen them before but think round mirrors "mirror" the headlights and are a better option. The OEMs are just too high and shiny. Plus, I just like fabricating stuff.

I really like how you did these, I have bar ends on my xbsx with crossroads bars and hate the visibility. Sure they look cool but cool doesn't help see very well!

just make sure NOT to Install the Fan piece
    First I've heard on this. What is the reasoning behind not installing it? Just curious.