Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hero?

This is just me asking questions on Hero motorcycles, Simply put I googled Hero, read widipekias write up

Inactive
    indian outfit....has its financial hands in many companies including ebr....honda...the list is long. largest motorcycle manufacturer in the world. size needs perspective. H-D produced approx. 302,000 bikes for the 2014 model year. hero produced almost 7 million.

Thanks for that info, over half of what I wrote didn't post, My concern is that Honda got out, would not share tech, hero wanted the export ability so they parted ways. I'm concerned about the tech sharing, but I know EBR needs funding. & mil of below average bikes to India isn't the same. They are out of date 70's Honda motors- very reliabe , not very tech savy. just say'in.

Thats whwre the partnership with EBR comes in. They provide race tech and engineering input Hero. I think Hero is too cheap though, and partially why the EBRs finish is crap. So the Hero bikes wont make the mainstream until they invest a lot into quality vs lowest cost to build.

The difference in mindsets between the upper echelon of word producers and the lower end of the spectrum is vast. But aren't the EBR'S produced in house? As far as I understand all Hero has in EBR's production is funds. Lack of quality control on the finish is on EBR I'm sad to say :(

But I would rather it be the finish they cut on then things mechanical. They are a new entity in the mass production game so I accept this with no surprise. Things will get much better, very quickly ;)

EBR helped with the design of Hero's Hastur 620

I think Eric learned his lesson with HD and I'm sure he won't let that happen again. He needed deep pockets to get going again and found them...while i don't like a over seas company in bed with us i think it will work out fine

To the extent that Tata's relationship with Jaguar Land Rover might be a model for the Hero/EBR deal, Hero will be content to stay out of EBR's design & production processes...

Eric
    Erik....

ya seen that...that was the Titos talking....:)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast