Thread: Stock Exhaust

I just purchased a 2006 Ulysses XB12X. It's pristine and I took it out for the first time today and I'm already in love with it! Here's the catch, the aftermarket exhaust failed the MD inspection. Does anyone have any suggestions to where I can find a stock exhaust that will pass inspection? I'm getting help from the previous owner but I figured I'd put it to the forums as well.

Thanks in advance for the help/advice!

Try UMDTerp13. He's in your state and parts these bikes all the time...Or just find another inspection station. ;)

...Or just find another inspection station.
    Exactly. There's a LOT of bikes in Md. that are a LOT louder than anything aftermarket for a Buell. (T/C Harley's with straight pipes?).

Quote Originally Posted by fnkynotajnky
    Here's the catch, the aftermarket exhaust failed the MD inspection.
    I am curious - what about the aftermarket exhaust failed? Was it the lack of a baffle?

I still can't believe dealer failed you, that's awful. Stock can modified Pipes say right on them "meets noise and emissions in all states".
    The dealer don't know it's modified.

In my defense I don't part Ulysses. I may sell accessories but you probably won't see a uly parted by me. I send those to other people for part out if they are that bad.

Quoting ReadyXB
    I am curious - what about the aftermarket exhaust failed? Was it the lack of a baffle?
    It was indeed the lack of baffle. A local forum member to me and was awesome enough to set me up with a stock muffler to pass inspection. I will be taking it back for inspection hopefully the first week of January.