Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Riding the Livewire tomorrow

Repetitively knock it over to charge it
    park it at the wrong bar or rally and you wont have to.... someone will do it for you ;) J/K glad someone one here got to check one out!
    i think they'll be a neat novelty but not much more.

Harley is trying to get with the times and enter into a new market
    If they couldn't deal with the Buell line, this sure as hell won't work.............

I kinda like the idea of a electric bike for short rides, maybe a low mile commuter or something and this bike doesn't look half bad. Like i said before its pretty similar to a XB (body/size wise) But I imagine it (if ever built) will have a pretty hefty price tag on it, which for me would kill the deal.

And of course Id never give up my buell's for one.

I don't think the OP is questioning this as a 'replacement' for a Buell. And if this is your 'thing' so be it. BUT.....for H/D to piss away money on this AFTER dropping Buell? Sort of pathetic. I TRUELY hope Erik does great in this EBR venture..........I also find it pretty funny HOW, after parent 'H/D' pulled the plug, that MANY of their dealers are STILL supporting EBR!! THAT is awesome!

let's not forget HD also had MV Agusta...

think HD lost their direction long ago or just ignored what they already had and what could have been if they'd kept
    Buell...enough of that now.

EBR has made it's mark in history, produced an awesome product and still evolving creating the future of v-twin sport bikes/super bikes. For those HD dealers out there still supporting Buell/EBR, hats off to you!

^^

HD are like banks and insurance companies, they have no customer loyalty. HD are not interested in existing customers even if they buy a $30k plus bagger every other year. I've been to HD demo days and once they know you already have one they are not interested. Their target customer now is mid 20's who wants a Sportster with skulls all over it. Buell didn't fit the HD image and many dealers weren't interested, sadly most Buells had several warranty claims not that Harley's don't . In the uk when they sold off the last ones at about 30% discount they all sold within a week or so. They didn't sell them at a loss so they were obviously over priced. Buells are a little quirky but nothing brakes and corners like a Buell.

I've been to HD demo days and once they know you already have one they are not interested.
    I don't agree with this unless you're thinking 'corporate'. And even then I don't buy it. They ARE interested.....who else buys all the chrome and what not? You have to have bought one to sell all the accessories. And they ALWAYS want you to buy a new bike.......that's a given.

someone up top at HD is smoking crack. My local dealer (Seminole Harley outside Orlando) has not really sold any Street 500s or 750s and I don't think they have sold any EBR1190s either.. I cant see how the LIvewire is gonna fly.. only thing I see selling are Breakouts and the full dressers... they sell those pretty regularly. The Street 500 and 750 seems to have been a hit in India though.. so, I guess that part of the plan has worked. Indians posting street reviews of those on youtube quite regularly.. they sound jacked to have a "Harley" too..

Hells angels and Monguls going green? not happening. Harleys big market is the 20-30 something yuppie crowd whos idea of a day riding is 10 minutes to the local bar or bike night....The ones who buy every chrome accessory they make. The corporate suit and tie that can afford to plunk down 30k for the new cvo......Screw em....I got my Buell.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast