Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine Rotate Question

I'm very absent minded to say the least. But when I do engine rotation/removals I mark everything I take off with masking tape and take lots of pictures. Nuts and bolts either immediately go back where they came from or go in specific bottles and jars.

O2's are on your headers I do believe. Don't remember your other locations for the xb off the top of my head.

Yeah I'm taking tons of pics and putting bolts back into the wholes so I know where they go! I think I'm looking for the connection on top of the motor but I'm not seeing anything or at least I don't think I sm I'm going to give it a rest for tonight and go back at it in the morning

Leave the tps on. Unplug it and you can fish the cable through the small gap.

I'm slowly but surely getting this done. I'm In no rush going to finish up soon but while its rotated and I can get to them. I'm May as well change the plugs! What's a good brand I could get and what's the gap setting?

I put same HD stock plugs back in, not broken don't change as they say. They do what they suppose to do.

A lot of people go for the iridiums because of their foul resistance...some have great success with them, others stay with stock replacement. Some bikes are temperamental about fouling plugs if it doesn't warm up properly, partly due to the cold start enrichment tends to make bikes very rich until it fully warms up. I think it's wise to do general maintenance since it's apart...it'll suck later when you need to and it's a bitch to get to all together. LOL

Does a front triple tree stand make the engine rotation easier?

Would it allow the engine to rotate forward even more to increase access to rear cylinder?

Just wondering if I should look into borrowing/purchasing one before I attempt the rotation.

I hope your not waiting for one of these people to answer, post up a new one if you can't find anything related in a search.

Im just asking in general since usually the reply is well did you search the forum and why did you start a new thread yada yada. Either way, if I get a reply or if I don't I won't lose sleep over it.

I'll venture a guess, I would think that a stand that goes into the triple tree would interfere with rotating the engine, you would probably be better off with an axle stand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12