Thread: engine light/tps ??

i have been trying to find out how to re set my tps with out taking it to the shop.can any one help ?
    today i went out for a ride and the check engine light came on and the went out and afew miles down the road it came on again ??? hapend a few time today wile running erens noot really shure whats going on ??? 04 xb 12 r 30k mille s on her runs good thoe .

Ecm Spy or I believe its in your service manual. There should be a link at the top of the page.

Check all the simple stuff first. Check you oil level, check to insure your battery terminals are good and tight, make sure your plug wires haven't come loose... Just remove the seat, airbox cover, and possible airbox itself and check everything that you possibly can. Your issue could be something as simple as a loose wire or connector. Also, from experience, I can tell you that your cooling fan might be failing. My bike had intermittent CEL issues when my fan went out. Take the bike for a good ride, one that you're sure will trigger the cooling fan when you're done. If the fan doesn't come on when you turn the bike off, than something within that system is your issue. That's my 2cents from a similar experience. Good luck.
    Also check out buellmods.com. You can down load a service manual there

Check for codes, gray dongle, pins #1 & #2...below the relay box on the left side of the fairing stay. As the before mentioned, the basic things to check. Also may want to look at the connectors behind the pulley cover, disconnect them one by one and look at the terminals themselves...corrosion, moisture, dirty, etc.

thanks i did take it for a ride that should have made the fan come on but it didn't it was only 40*f out ?/.....

Down load ECMspy and check for a fan ground fault. I think that's how the code will come up.
    Also, have you checked all your grounds and connectors?
    If your engine temp sensor is having an issue it will make the bike mimic a faulty fan.
    That being said.... You need to check your codes.