Thread: Metzeler M5 Tires

I am not trying to open a big tire debate. Was just looking for riders that have had experience on Metzeler M5 tires. They look like a nice set. Mine I have now (contimotions) dont feel good in the corners. Looking for something that will give me more confidence. I have always been a fan of German engineering also. All the reviews online are good and the price is decent, about $230 a set. Thanks for any input on these tires.

I have run Metzelers since I started riding (2yrs). A set of M3s came with the bike and I upgraded to M5s as I progressed.

These tires are great in dry and wet weather. They heat up pretty fast.

I got caught in a Denver down pour coming through the mountains and had no issues. It was my first time in rain ( I'm from CA).

These tires are a good street and track day tire. Depending on how hard you ride, you could do a track day or two and still get some decent mileage out of them.

This is a street/track tire, so you will get decent mileage, but nothing close to a touring tire. And it depends how you ride. Usually will run a front down close to 8-9k and a rear 6-7k...more or less, depending on riding.

When these tires wear it has a noticeable wear pattern. And of course this will affect the handling.

Metzeler is owned by Pirelli and the first few sets I got were made in Germany, but my last set were made in China. So far, no issues.

The new M7RR are out and I will be looking to get a set as these wear down.

For deals also check out bikebandit.com, usually have good deals and ship for free and if you like Revzilla instead, they will price match it and ship for free pretty fast.

cheers!

Thanks. You said about the same as all the online reviews. I dont do track days on my xb12. Just normal riding with some twisties here and there. Sounda like I might give them a try.

I just put on some m5s and could feel good grip after the scrub in period. I went from some pirellis diablos that are kinda old, but I can definitely tell a difference in grip. You won't be disappointed with the metzelers.

i run the m5's and like them alot. they are great in the rain. that was one of the reason i went with them. my bolt has m3's when i got it also. my dad run metzelers on his valkryie and loves them. i just wish i could catch him when he opens it up on me.

Thanks guys. Just ordered a rear tire. Will order a front when I find a sale, lol. I got till march or so to get one.

found this on Amazon

Cool. I found the rear on dennis kirk website for $106 shipped if anyone is looking. They had the front for $99 I think. Still holding out for a sale. I am a cheap ass, lol.

nice, I may have to look into those when ready for a new set after the Shinko Podium's wear

They looked to be nice. As said in previous post, the M7 is out, but I think for my needs, the M5 will be fine. I dont ride real aggresive.