Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-route hoses

Exactly, some people have a catch can installed to collect the oil.....I didnt use one because the oil drip is very minimal almost non-existent. The filter is because when the bike spits the oil it also sucks air back in....the filter insures that no debris from the outside air is being pulled back into the motor.

Stylie, if you're worried about your a/f ratio being affected, don't be. Everytime you ride your bike for a few minutes at easy load (flat ground, 2000-4000rpm steady) the ECU is in its closed-loop mode and reevaluates the mixture. Any changes in atmospheric temperature/pressure, or something like the lack of CO2 from a crank case breather is accounted for by an adjustable 'multiplier' called the AFV - adaptive fuel value, which will try to return the mixure to stoichiometric (chemically balanced).

Thanks to all for the great ideas for the mod, If nothing else I will enjoy not wiping the oil out of the airbox. Here is what I used. Air breather from Drag Specialties, 2 rubber stoppers inserted from the underside to plug the holes, fuel hose 5/8" O.D. 3/8" I.D., 2 T's, schraeder valve, and zip ties at the connections. I chose to route to the back although I liked the mounting by the oil cooler. To start I removed the hose from the rear cylinder and saved it for the end with the valve due to the nice curve it already had. Then I cut about 4" off the front cyl hose and recycled that for the rear cylinder. Then new hose to just behind the rear sub-frame to hide the filter. Left about 2" hose at the end for oil collection.

That's pretty much what I did, and I didn't do the overflow can either. I figure if it collects enough oil to require it, I'll just go get a new filter - they're only about $5.00 or so from Autozone.

LOVE THE MOD JUST DID IT TODAY ON MY NEW ULY. BUT I DO AGREE WITH ZOMBIEBUELER. I RAN MINE PRETTY MUCH JUST LIKE HE DID BUT I RAN LINE OFF T DOWN BY THE AIR CHIN DRILLED SMALL HOLE IN IT ZIPP TIED IT AND INSTALLED SM. BRASS FITTING WITH A CAP. THAT WAY I CAN DRAIN IT EVERY GREAT ONCE AND A WHILE. HAVE PICS BUT TO LG. TO POST WORKING ON SIZE

HERE ARE SOME PICS. SINCE PHOTOS I HAVE SHORTENED DRIP LINE SO IT IS NOT NEARLY AS NOTICEABLE. IF U RUN LINE LIKE THIS TAKE LINE OFF FRONT CYL. AND MOVE TO BACK AND CUT ABOUT 3.5" PCE. FOR FRONT CYL. AND IT WILL LINE UP T ALMOST PERFECTLY;););)

edit: picture layout

I just did this mod and it made a big difference! Everyone should do this. Its cheap, easy, and makes the bike run sooo much better!

I agree. It makes a big difference and really smooths out the idle-3k range.

The filter is to let air in as oil drains and sits on the second T above the drain/catch hose. I just did this today and I love how my bike feels at low RPM's.

I just answer a question of the last page like a dummy, sorry. But I am very happy with the mod.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast