Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Re-route hoses

im so damn confused you guys make everything so hard to understand!!!! let me make sure i got this right you take the 2 hoses, connect them to a y pipe then run a line off that to the rear with a filter mounted somwhere on the line? now my question is do i need a filter and catch can. i see if you have a catch can you need a filter but i just did mine and havent started it up yet because i have no filter or catch can just a line with both hoses running to the back.

Just thought i would add a couple pictures of how i did mine. I ran them to the front and did a filter and a plug. The plug is just a large bolt that was the perfect size to fit in the line nice and snug. The line runs to the front, down, and through the little opening on the bracket for the oil cooler. This way, the line doesn't require any zip ties to hold it in place. Also, the filter is then tucked nicely out of view between the oil cooler and the motor.

I covered the chrome of the filter with black duct tape considering nothing else on my bike is chrome.

A 5/8" tee doesn't even come close to fitting inside of the 2 hoses in the airbox you need to connect together with the 1st tee.

So I put the bike back together now and go back to the store.

We'll try 3/8" this time.

So....after going and getting some 3/8" hose and T's in my truck, I was able to finish the project.

I think it feels smoother in 1st gear for sure.

Here you can see how I spliced my hoses.

How I plugged the holes.
    How it looks finished.
    How the chrome filter matches my aluminum Jardine close enough for me.

I did this a little differently. Run both breathers into one 3/8" line with a T, then ran the fuel evaporator hose into another T (it fits snugly into the the 3/8" line, or you could use an adapter) and ran them both down into the original fuel overflow pipe, which exits neatly at a stock location. Very clean, no added dangling hoses/parts. Need only three new parts from True Value, and a bunch of zip ties:

1. 2x 3/8" nylon Ts.
    2. 1x 3/8" to 1/4" 'mender' adapter.

No extra 3/8" fuel line, no 'catch can' or breather filter. Used the original 2x 3/8" hoses, and had some left over.

[img=http://imageshack.us/a/img441/3315/img9108p.th.jpg]
    [img=http://imageshack.us/a/img198/6126/img9106q.th.jpg]
    [img=http://imageshack.us/a/img94/6621/img9105d.th.jpg]

Just did this and noticed one hell of a difference. Thanks for the write up!

I know paolosica's post is very old but I just got to say I recommend this mod is not done the way he did it. When there is a fuel overflow, it could back up into the engine. I know, It will flow down hill and the breathers are one way valves, but it's just not a good idea. There is a chance fuel will get in to the crankcase. Just fair warning.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122