Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tires?

I'm shopping for new front & back tires live in southern Ontario ride aprox10000 km a season my bike is a 2010 1200scg any suggestions

Depends on what your looking for from a tire. Performance? Longevity? Rain performance? Price?

I've had 2 sets of Michilen Pilot Power 2ct and I think they do very well. The pilot power 3 is the next generation of that tire and is also highly recommended. I get around 5-6k miles from the 2ct but it provides is very good grip and inspires confidence.

The Bridgestone battleaxe is also a good tire for performance.

Depends on what your looking for from a tire. Performance? Longevity? Rain performance? Price?
    ^^this^^

I'm extremely happy with my Dunlop Sportmax Q3's. I don't recall how many miles I have on them, but it's a lot. I'll be trying the PP-2CT's next. They're lighter than the Q3's so they should allow the bike to turn-in a little easier at speed.

If you are looking for price, you can not beat continental conti-motion. I can't comment on anything else, since I don't even have the bike yet. Should be an ok tire, but definitely not the best performance.

http://www.amazon.com/CONTINENTAL-MO...PV7H50MS3HFVTZ

^^^^^
    Wow Ive never seen tires that cheap. and Continental tires are one of the better brands..

And that have pretty much all good reviews. Only negative I have heard was by people who haven't had the tires and insist they are junk because they are cheap.

I have Conti-Sport Attack II's. Love them. Best tire I've ever had on anything. Won't give you mileage but it's like glue on the road.

I agree with stamen. My 2ct are good. Price is less with all the new models. I plan to stay with tehm as long as they make them and I have my tt.

well I'm was hoping for longevity & performance/good in the rain, dual compound?anyone out there using Perelli Diablo corsa?how do they compare to the scorpions that are on the bike, thanks for the advice

Inactive
    i've been touting the price and service qualities of Smith Family Powersports for years on this site. owned by guy and his wife who are very nice honest folks. probably have the best pricing on the net when it comes to perishables they stock. have dealt with them for several years and can vouch for their products and rapid shipping.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast