Thread: new rear reservoir

Well, couldn't wait to do this...so spent the evening installing it

On-Point Performance stunt reservoir $29.99

Used an L-bracket attached by the top screw of the master cylinder to the foot peg bracket. The screw had to be replaced with a longer one by a 1/4" for full thread engagement into the foot peg bracket. Then attached the reservoir bracket to the L-bracket, and cut the hose that came with the reservoir to length. No clamps were needed due to the hose inner diameter was a tight fit, just lubed the inside with some brake fluid and it slipped right on. Serviced and bled the system, works as expected.

nice :)

Thrstmech you always seem to find all the good stuff. By the way looks really cool I'll have to check this site out. A lot easier to get to and see the level of the fluid.

Thanks guys, I know that the design of the bike and placement of items was purpose driven, but the original location simply sucked. Both hard to see and unscrewing the lid was difficult. Anyway, if you check out Spiegler USA, you'll find the very same reservoir going for 80 bucks, just saying;)

I just picked up one of these super cheap ($8.90) brake res tanks from ebay ebay brake res
    just waiting on the postman then I am going to use it to upgrade my brake res if the quality is good enough :D

Just out of curiosity, how is changing the rear reservoir to something like this an "upgrade"...? Seems like it doesn't do anything other than change the looks.

I know that the design of the bike and placement of items was purpose driven, but the original location simply sucked. Both hard to see and unscrewing the lid was difficult
    I agree. Nice find, I will do this at some point.

BuellRonin...thanks, thinking of getting another for the front, looking at some Shindy set ups

camouflage...I chose the On Point one for the bottom drain rather then side drain, cause it is easier to mount. But almost got one from Dan-Moto for 27 bucks, but it had the side drain as well.

Sirious815...from plastic, it's an upgrade with a sight glass where as the plastic one gets really yellow, hard to read the level and the original location made it hard to both see and service. If you want to look at it as eye candy, well it is that as well.:D