Thread: NGK p;ugs

I know I've seen it on here, but cant seem to find it. I need to know the plug numbers for the NGK plugs that will fit my 07 XB12s. All the coughing and hiccups are getting annoying...

DCPR9EIX

Is that for the Iridium?

yes, the iridium 9-series. my 12 liked the stock gap of .035" but be careful, iridium tips are very fragile. use the right type of gapping tool.

also recommend a little die-electric grease on the top of the plug to help get the boot on/off, sensor-safe anti-seize on the threads.

I bought them a while back and haven't put them on yet, so how much of an improvement are they? I mean hell, it is the weekend... but i'll want to ride as soon as I put them in, and I can't do that until my command approves my motorcycle packet.

DAMN!

Fido,

I think the claims that most people make about XX brand plugs making significant improvements in performance are partly psychological and partly due to the simple fact that the new plug is replacing a previous one that is fouled, mis-gapped, the wrong heat range or otherwise just not working properly. I've yet to find an unbiased report based on dyno runs or other tangible data that proves different. That said, some designs like the iridium and platinum plugs reportedly resist fouling better than others, and/or maintain their optimal performance over longer periods of time, meaning they need to be replaced less often.

I just replaced my factory spec plugs with iridiums and did notice it ran a tad bit smoother and had a little better response, but I'd also say the plugs I swapped out were overdue and the percieved gains were not likely due to the mere fact that I installed the iridiums.

Yeah, I guess I should have checked back and read this before I tried to gap the plugs (your right those electrodes are fragile as hell)so, after breaking the first one I decided to give up so I could ride. I will prob attempt again tonight...