Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: inexpensive brake and clutch levers

Hey Buellers, can you guys refer me to some inexpensive brake and clutch levers for my 1125cr?

Thanks,
    JP

I recommend CRG. And they have a sale section. The new ones are pretty affordable, but you can find a great set for cheap.

CRG Sale Section

Cheers!

Cheapest is eBay but you get what you pay for. We sell ASV. The less expensive F3 lever set is $162 shipped in the CONUS. There is no comparison in quality between a good set and the eBay ones. Let us know if we can help.

http://www.rideitmoto.com/

I would not recommend the free grips that come with the levers. The anodizing will fade over time.

I use Pazoz, but they are not cheap .My friends have bought the cheap ones and they all regretted it. Sloppy or broken controls are no fun(even scary!). Don't ask me how I know.

The Brakes being the life of yours and bike i wouldnt cut corners too much. The Lyndall Racing Pads are good stopping power for the money and will wear USALLY EVENLY IF YOU BLEED THE LINES PROPERLY.
    Protecting the rotors..
    The. EBC pads is ok. Wears out fast. the levers check around on that get a good pair so the cheepys wont ruin the cables.Some inox cable lube works really well for that smooth feel.
    Just remember better Quality means riding safer and longer. Good luck on your choices. *Jimi;)

Thanks everyone for replying. I wish there was a local motorcycle shop that had lever sets so I can see / feel them before buying.

Be careful what you buy... I have read multiple accounts where buellers have bought cheap knock off levers or gsxr levers that "fit", then a few months later they post up saying their front brake locked up on them while riding. Just make sure you get something that is made for the bike and that is a decent part. The correlation has never been proven... Take it how you will. Some people seem to have no problems. Some people do.

For this reason I refuse to buy a cheap set of levers. I would rather pay for a good part up front than pay for repairs down the road. Just my .02. Either way. Good luck.

Welcome to the forum btw ;)

I wish there was a local motorcycle shop that had lever sets so I can see / feel them before buying.
    That might be difficult for the Buell levers specifically. Where are you located? Maybe you could meet up with a fellow-Bueller to check theirs out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast