Thread: Firebolt problems!!! Starting a build thread

Hey guys new to the forums and new to buells. I'm mechanically inclined and have decent knowledge of working on cars and engines just never a Harley engine. Anyways here's my short story... I had a 2003 ktm 250sx I only had about 500 in it but it was a clean clean bike traded it to a guy for a 03 xb9r come to find out it has a drilled and lightened xb12 crank , cp pistons, millenium 1470 big bore kit, jardine rt1, and buell race ECM. Problem is I rode the bike about 2 miles after I got it and oil was leaking out the head and base gaskets and lots out of the breather rerouted tubes. I found a guy who works on Harleys/buells and dropped it off to him. Long story short he pulled the jugs off and pieces of the rear piston and ring fell in pieces lol รถ!!! Anyways I'm tight on cash but I'm gonna do a whole new big bore kit and do it right to make sure this doesn't happen again. The cylinders now are nikisil so it can't be bored or honed. I'm thinking of going with hammer performance or revolution haven't decided yet. Gonna need some help with parts advice and tuning from you guys and I'll post some pics of the carnage when I get home tonight.

welcome to the forum, that sucks what happened, but piece of mind that it will be done correctly is priceless, please do keep us in the loop

Will do. I'm gonna post pics soon I ran out of time last night and headed to Houston for a business trip so when I get home I'll post em up.

Guys I'm gonna need some help with tuning when I get it back together. Does anyone have base maps for a 1470 big bore that I could use with a ECM spy

Guys I decided to not go through with the build more money than I can afford at this time. The bike is for sale as a whole with clean title or in pieces if anyone wants anything let me know I'm located in Louisiana.

How much are you looking to get for it

I guess I'd take 900 cash for the whole bike with clean title in my name. The bike is apart right now motor and swingarm separated from frame and jugs off the case. I'm picking it up from the shop Friday I had just picked it up 3 days before it went in the shop so I will get some pics as soon as I get it. I'm just trying to recoupe my loss. I had to pay the guy to tear it down and I had already registered and insured it. So that money is gone. : (

If anyone is interested pm me and I'll send my cell I can text or emails pics the fastest.

Pm'ed

Responded to pm's