Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breather re-route

So I heard the breather re-route is really useless, Is this true? I have it done to my blast and it shoots a little gunk out every now and then plus i feel the pressure it puts out on my hand. I just was curious and searching for an answer to if its needed or not needed..

I agree the breather re-route has no real gains per say. BUT you are not pushing that crap back into your engine, water and oil in your fuel system. It is an emissions thing. Welcome to the 90's where you can just drop that crap on the road:D or a catch can so you are not polluting our planet

I want to work on my catch can next but Ive seen them go for up to $230 I think Ill be better off makin it myself lol

Go cart catch can off eBay($25), couple brass pipes from Menards($10), hose and clamps($2) from Napa, cool little filter($15) from Advanced Auto, supports($20) off eBay.

+1 on that catch can. I have one as well.

Inactive
    So I heard the breather re-route is really useless, Is this true?
    matter of opinion. between my personal XB's and customer bikes i've done probably 25 of them to date. the only difference i've ever noticed was the re-route does seem to resolve an occasional low speed hiccup or stutter on some of the 12 series XB's....maybe 1 in 3. other than that and keeping the stock air filter and base plate pristine and oil free i've never noticed a difference.

I'm running an open breather hose now. I've looked at getting the same can as XLXB to ensure no drips get on the tire. It's unlikely but I'd feel better.oil catch can

On my Uly I actually run 2 open hoses, fuel lines, one for each cylinder down to the muffler behind the chin fairing. I have absolutely minimal anything come out of these, even when my Uly fell over while on the stand and it was running nothing came out of them, note the kill switch worked. 2 hoses I think give better air flow and it was actually easier under the air cleaner to run 2 hoses rather than T them together. I think better airflow keeps them cleaner, oil under pressure will create oil vapor, opposite of water vapor which is what you want to come out of these lines. If I did add a catch can I would use a steel screen or no filter at all instead of a paper or cloth filter for optimal air flow & less maintenance. Actually stock on the Uly there are 2 lines running into the air box next to the temperature sensor after the air filter and before the throttle body. This mod enables nothing but fresh filtered air going in the air box and over the temp sensor as well as down the throttle body. Cheap to do, less maintenance, better performance, etc... my opinion and experience it is well worth doing

Does everyone with a catch can run just the filter or has anyone ran a vacuum hose back to the airbox? My VW setups have a vacuum line from the can to the intake pre-turbo.

I run a line back to the airbox for vacuum. Everything's clean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast