Thread: Fork Sag?

What is a good fork sag measurement for a 09 Uly XB12X? I weigh ~200lbs, & ride 2 up at least twice a month.
    I usually do a wheelie before parking in the garage at work, for the last few years, and last week I bottomed out.
    I might be getting fatter? or I can blame it on the colder weather, extra clothing, or something else?
    Anyways without measuring I tightened the pre-load 3/4 turn and tightened the rebound and compression 1/4 turn. I will set the compression back when I figure out which adjuster it is either the top or bottom of the fork, I believe it is the top? I do not bottom out after a wheelie anymore and it wheelies a lot easier as well has a plush ride.

In English your suspension was too soft.

You stiffened it up.

Inactive
    front fork tubes: compression damping is the screw at base of leg/rebound damping is screw at top of cap.
    rear shock: rebound damping is screw at bottom base of shock/compression damping is screw under seat area at reservoir housing.

Thanks for summing it up and not calling me fat.
    I must say though, once you find the sweet spot of a fine tuned suspension, it is like sipping a fine wine, or a cigar, or whatever... Nothing like gliding over some gnarly stuff and having it all come together in symphony of springs, compression, rebound, inertia valves, etc...... I also went with my son and grand daughter to Monster Jam last weekend so I am still pretty stoked about this suspension stuff.

You generally want ~1"-1.25" sag on the front (~0.75"-1" on the rear). A little less if you're on the track, perhaps a little more if you're on a bike with longer suspension travel like your Uly.

Your weight has no relation to how much sag you want. A 100lb rider should have the same amount of sag as a 250lb rider.

Thanks go cytocis, was thinking SAG would be around 20%, I think the Uly X fork is about 6".