Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchasing Advice

Hey y'all. I had an 05 12scg last year but is gone now. I'm in the market again and came across a 2006 12ss. The gentleman selling it claims it has 22000. he bought in off of a friend for 2500 and put 600 into (new intake seals, O2 sensor, new coil, plugs and battery). Has a custom straight pipe on it which he says has baffles in it but no tune....

The exhaust was done by his friend who was the previous and first owner. I'm a little iffy on it with the amount of the miles and exhaust with no tune. He's asking 3900. The bike looks to be in great shape otherwise. What do y'all think?

That bike isn't too far from me, I keep seeing it on Craigslist... Find out more about what he means by straight pipes and get pictures, he might just mean he took the muffler off and it just dumps where the headers end now

I talked to him on the phone and he sent me more pictures. From what I can tell, it looks like a straight pipe was attached onto the collector and runs the bottom of the bike. I don't know how to post pictures through my text messages or else I would post them.

Don't overthink the whole 'straight-pipe' issue. IF you like the bike, (colors, mileage, etc.), then go for it. It isn't priced out of line in any way. I know....EVERYONE bought THEIRS for $1200 or less....
    IF I were buying, I'd shoot him an offer of say $3300 and bargain from there. I wouldn't expect to GET it for that, but $3400 should be fair. Obviously none of us can see it from these pics, but as long as it was cared for even reasonably, you should be OK. Then pick up a nice used 'race' pipe or whatever you like. :)

$3900 is fair. I sell xb12 for $4k+. If you don't buy it, someone else will. People can ship that and still beat local prices in some areas.

$4500 bike priced reasonably at $3900.

I saw it too, how many others you think saw it?

Man, I really hate these posts....

This is a simple buy or don't buy....
    If you have the money and don't want to waste the guys time go there with cash in hand..... Look at the bike and decided if you want to buy it.......
    You can get all of the advise on the planet... But at the end of the day YOU are paying for it...... And all you will hear is cricket........ when YOU have to pay to have things repaired.....

But I will give you a simple bit of advice....
    the guy already told you how much he is willing to sell it for....
    he bought in off of a friend for 2500 and put 600 into
    So split the difference $3100/$3900=$3500

The strait pipe has been on there for a minute.... That's why the O2 and plugs had to be replaced.... Bike is running fat (rich)
    I have no idea why he would replace the coil..... And the battery.... Well that's a battery....

^I imagine the bike started showing misfires with the fouled plugs and fat o2, first thing most people do is start throwing parts at it hoping it will do the trick.

If you buy it put a regular pipe on it asap (keda, drummer, special ops, etc...).

So split the difference $3100/$3900=$3500
    Exactly.

The strait pipe has been on there for a minute.... That's why the O2 and plugs had to be replaced....
    Perhaps....bottom line...it didn't 'hurt' anything. I've been running around for the last 3 seasons (OVER 30K miles) with a Jardine that has to have no packing left.......essentially a straight pipe. IDK. BUT! Unless it IS a 'professional' looking job, (And it just MAY be), I would get something that belongs on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast