Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: NRHS Stage 2 for 07 XB12R

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I don't find the 1190 to be hard to ride on the street? Same big torque down low makes them very easy to manipulate at legal speeds. If you mean personal restraint then yes, totally, VERY difficult
    Whats your take on the 1125 vs the 1190? I've heard the 1190 was more refined and friendlier at lower speeds, but the 1125's always felt better at higher speeds. I'm not saying a 1125 feels bad at lower speeds, but really seemed to be happiest when you get at or above highway speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Whats your take on the 1125 vs the 1190? I've heard the 1190 was more refined and friendlier at lower speeds, but the 1125's always felt better at higher speeds. I'm not saying a 1125 feels bad at lower speeds, but really seemed to be happiest when you get at or above highway speeds.
    It's a different planet.
    If you want to go 60mph, why buy a bike that can get there in 2.6 seconds?
    https://www.zeroto60times.com/vehicl...-60-mph-times/

I would put a $20 44t sprocket on it if thats what you do. They do suffer the same owner induced problems though. V-Twin or not, they are NOT meant to lug around like a H-D based product at 3500rpm and suffer chain/sprocket issues because people buy them and don't understand what Erik meant when he said it is "a legitimate race engine"

Hey Fabio, I'm surprised you still have exhaust on those? Grab a sawzall and unleash the 12-less-than-a-stock-XB horsepower! LOL I wanna see a TPEHAK and Fabio-Driven fight to the death!

Hey old man, shut the eff up. I hope you burn your leg on that dumb looking Yoshimura XR1200 pipe. What the hell is wrong with you?

your pal,

34:19
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 03-25-2021 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    It's a different planet. :
    Do 1190's use DDFI-3 injection?

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Do 1190's use DDFI-3 injection?
    Sort of. They have a different Baud rate like the old legit Buell race ECM's (not the stamped street ones) and there isn't enough of them out there for someone smarter than me to jail break them for the masses. It's a simple issue of a key code, but the peeps that have them have the "Free Buell Maps" debacle fresh in their memory and won't give them up.

No matter, a "tunable ECM" is cheap enough to buy through the channels that honestly deserve it for their hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
    Stock fuel pressure regulator puts out 48 psi. Replaced for 58 psi one. Also sent out my injectors to be cleaned.
    The FP10153 regulator you listed is the same as stock. If you want 58 PSI (4 bar) the Walbro 135-22 is an option.
    Last edited by upaero; 03-26-2021 at 04:43 AM.

A little of both Cooter. My initial tune from way back was quick and easy. Ran OL across the board around 13.8 AFR, fatten up WOT to 13 AFR, lean out decel range to reduce the exhaust pops, and never ran CL. Set the AFV to 100, O2 sensor activation and test to 8000, etc. Never did end up tuning for CL operation. Family life pulled me in different directions and bike went into storage. But I just installed new injectors last week and reset my map. This time around I want to dial in my CL so I can run CL for more economy. Its the 1250 Hammer 110+ HP kit.
    Instead of running CL for economy, I suggest changing your AFR targets in the cruise range to about 14.2. If you run CL you run the risk of the ECM leaning everything out.

Quote Originally Posted by upaero View Post
    Instead of running CL for economy, I suggest changing your AFR targets in the cruise range to about 14.2. If you run CL you run the risk of the ECM leaning everything out.
    I’ve been doing it this way for years. I run open loop only, 13.4:1 for idle, 14:1 for cruise, 13.2:1 for wot. Digital carburetor baby!

Quote Originally Posted by upaero View Post
    The FP10153 regulator you listed is the same as stock. If you want 58 PSI (4 bar) the Walbro 135-22 is an option.
    Nice catch! I don't have my old laptop with all my old information to look this up. Going off what I posted long time ago. Just did a BWB search and saw you were right. I swapped from the FP10153 (3.4 bar) to 135-22 (4 bar). As far as a XL1200... Dump a 100 lbs off that thing so it can handle then we'll talk! Haha. Also I use to run OP all the time as it was easy to map with the WB. But I like to tinker and wanted to see if I can get more mpg out of cruise. I may also play around with the actual CL region and CLL region to match up with my cruising area (XB9 primary swap). I don't know yet. More so for fun then any real benefit. But if I get the CL region dialed in at 14.7 I don't see a reason why it would lean out. I think some guys run into problems when they run the CL region richer (or just do a global map richer correction), which then causes the EGO, and eventually the AFR, to lean out to hit 14.7. But if you run 14.7 in CL the bike won't lean out in OL because the O2 sensor is reading rich (ignoring decel OLL). Of course I talk all this tuning semantics and then in about 2 months when I actually have a free minute without wife and kids pulling me in a million different directions I will probably throw on the WB, do a few runs to tune it all OL, end up running OL forever, and calling it a day. Never bothering with CL and dialing it all in. LOL

Nice catch! I don't have my old laptop with all my old information to look this up. Going off what I posted long time ago. Just did a BWB search and saw you were right. I swapped from the FP10153 (3.4 bar) to 135-22 (4 bar). As far as a XL1200... Dump a 100 lbs off that thing so it can handle then we'll talk! Haha. Also I use to run OP all the time as it was easy to map with the WB. But I like to tinker and wanted to see if I can get more mpg out of cruise. I may also play around with the actual CL region and CLL region to match up with my cruising area (XB9 primary swap). I don't know yet. More so for fun then any real benefit. But if I get the CL region dialed in at 14.7 I don't see a reason why it would lean out. I think some guys run into problems when they run the CL region richer (or just do a global map richer correction), which then causes the EGO, and eventually the AFR, to lean out to hit 14.7. But if you run 14.7 in CL the bike won't lean out in OL because the O2 sensor is reading rich (ignoring decel OLL). Of course I talk all this tuning semantics and then in about 2 months when I actually have a free minute without wife and kids pulling me in a million different directions I will probably throw on the WB, do a few runs to tune it all OL, end up running OL forever, and calling it a day. Never bothering with CL and dialing it all in. LOL
    Why tune to 14.7 to accommodate a narrow band O2 sensor? It will run cooler and have better throttle response at about 14.2. Plus, those sensors are not the most trust worthy. I only keep the O2 sensor active to sense and report a lean condition with a CEL in the event something mechanically goes south. In CL the ECM will just compensate for a problem without you knowing about it (with the factory CL settings anyway). Add a baro sensor for air pressure compensation. Using a NB O2 sensor for sensing elevation is a terrible idea. You have intake air and engine temp sensors to adjust for temperature. What else would the ECM be able to (and need to) adjust for in CL?

This is an interesting write up, even though it's about Harleys: https://www.drdyno.com/AIM_2010-07.html

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast