Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NRHS Stage 2 for 07 XB12R

Agree totally. It's much more than just a Hp spec. The XB, 1125, and 1190 are completely different animals!

At this point, I don’t see me owning a Buell that’s not air/oil cooled. The platform is so clean. Less is more. The XBs and Tube frames check all the right boxes for me.

👍🇺🇲

Hell yeah brother!

You do have to ride a 1125 someday. While I prefer the aircooled platform, the watercooled ones are pretty amazing.

1125’s are too fast for me, even stock. I can’t imagine an 1190!

It's true. I have 2 xbs , 1 m2 and an 09 CR. The CR is a totally different beast. The power band is ridiculous. I still prefer the M2. Comfortable and predictable.

Do you find the CR (or an 1190) is hard to ride legally or on public roads? As in you always feel like it wants to be unleashed and bam you are hitting speed limits and/or traffic? Feel like you are neutered. One of the reasons why I enjoy the XB so much is all that torque down low. Pulls like a monster up to freeway speeds. It's fun! I always wonder if the water cooled engines when you hit freeway speeds and bam you are in the powerband if it wants to climb to triple digits. You have to restrain yourself to avoid jail time. The older I get the less interest I have in triple digits.

Can't even use what the XB12 has at the track let alone another 80hp. Drag strip may be a different story.
    Last edited by outthere; 03-25-2021 at 07:39 PM.

Depends on the track. On an XB, you'd get run over at Big Willow (because it has a long straight) lol.

I don't find the 1190 to be hard to ride on the street? Same big torque down low makes them very easy to manipulate at legal speeds. If you mean personal restraint then yes, totally, VERY difficult

Ironically we were just riding the SR-S and SR-F Zeros for the last couple days and they're even worse! 60-110mph in the blink of an eye! (allegedly). But only got about 76 miles range And sweated the last 40 miles home the 405! Sorry not for me.

2550CAA9-33A9-4CA1-A1B2-57ECF15131D5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
    The older I get the less interest I have in triple digits.
    I hear you there brother. There's a good reason for age classes in a lot of competitive sports. It sucks getting old, but bikes help keep us young at heart. I'm perfectly content living the thrill vicariously watching my son-in-law blast around the track, and occasional pic.'s & stories from forum members here(Cooter and others). Carpe Diem.

Quote Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
    Do you find the CR (or an 1190) is hard to ride legally or on public roads? As in you always feel like it wants to be unleashed and bam you are hitting speed limits and/or traffic? Feel like you are neutered. One of the reasons why I enjoy the XB so much is all that torque down low. Pulls like a monster up to freeway speeds. It's fun! I always wonder if the water cooled engines when you hit freeway speeds and bam you are in the powerband if it wants to climb to triple digits. You have to restrain yourself to avoid jail time. The older I get the less interest I have in triple digits.
    The 1125's always felt happiest when you started to get over 60-70mph. They'll easily run with the XB to that point, but beyond that they really get into their element.

Like you, I'm not interested in triple digits either. I like the "attitude" of an XB, even if a hot 600cc sport bike will embarrass it.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast