Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sold the Buell, got a new toy.........

So I picked up my new (to me) bike last week.

Ended up with an 08 D675. Got what seems to be a decent deal on her too. Had an oil leak that wasn't disclosed coming from the stator cover where the stator wires come out the cover. After a little research I found that it's a known issue when the stator is replaced because the new rubber garment that holds the wires isn't tight enough in the case. Got some gasket maker and pulled that off today to seal the garment better in the case. I'll be testing tomorrow afternoon after the gasket cures to make sure the leak is fixed. Even with the leak (considering that is the only leak) I feel I still did good on price.

First impressions were, I loved the motor as far as power and torque. Handling not so much. Way to loose on the suspension. Previous owner was < 150lbs and the suspension felt like it was set for him. I'm >200 lbs to put that in perspective. Another issue with this bikes handling was the fact the last owner never turned/leaned the bike. The center of the tire was completely flat so when I leaned the bike the first time not only was the suspension too loose but it felt like I was diving off a cliff from the tire.

Had a buddy come over Sunday and we set the rider sag to my weight and I've played with the comp/rebound a little too. Got new tires installed Monday also so between the suspension being set up and my new tires I think I have a new true love (considering this oil leak is fixed).

I gave Buell another chance and test rode an 1125R but it didn't do it for me, although the 675 didn't either at first but only handling which I knew wasn't set for me. So I think I wanted to give something else a try and have had my eye on the Daytona's for a long time. If I decide this isn't the bike for me think the next bike on my list will be a cbr1000rr. I'm still in the hunt for a sumo to add to the stable too. Can't wait for that but thinking it's gonna be pushed to the back burner while the 675 is new and fresh to me..... unless I find a real good deal of course.

Only pic I have right now

Awesome bikes. I get the feeling you will enjoy it once they come out with a 1050 or something daytona I will have one :D

^^ LOL

Nice bike! I've always thought the daytona's are one of the best looking bikes.

Nice bike, Ive always like the triumph and aprilia bikes.

the next bike on my list will be a cbr1000rr. I'm still in the hunt for a sumo
    I've had the CBR1000rr & it's just too much bike for the street IMO. Pretty unexciting to ride a fast bike slow.

I'm now on my 2nd SuMo & I can't see myself ever being without one again.

I've also got several riding buddies with Street/Speed Triples & Daytona so I've got a little saddle time on your new mount; you made a good pick.

The 675 Triple is a great engine. Enjoy it. You'll love it once you dial the handling in. My buddy has a Street Triple 675 with an Arrow exhaust. It sounds delicious.

Test seemed to have went good, no signs of any oil leaking. Tomorrow will be the real test.

Suspension is set nice now and I'm very happy so far.

The Daytona's are amazing bikes and very nimble. You're going to love this bike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast