Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interested in xb12ss

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. I've been interested in Buells for a long time, but never pulled the trigger and bought one. I just came across this craigslist ad for one near me. Any advice? Is it a good price? Anything I should be concerned about? How is it finding parts these days?

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/mcy/4931243061.html

Thanks!
    James

Saw that other day, great price & bike. 09/10 SS is basically a STT suspension swapped to the SS so it is bit taller than pre 09 SS.

If it's local go for it. If anyone on east coast is looking, I know where one just like that is :) possibly sell it

James, it's a very sharp bike. If it wasn't a tad more than I want to pay it would be in my garage already. Seems like a real honest seller and the bike has some excellent mods. Good luck, see you out there soon.

Thanks, guys! I'm going to look at the bike tomorrow, but don't plan on buying it quite yet. I want to see it up close first and hopefully get some insight from the folks on this forum! :) The seller started telling me about the mods, but I don't have enough experience with Buells to know if what he is saying is BS or not. He says that all the mods are "standard, recommended mods by Buell for the 2009 model." That includes a Buell tail eliminator kit, a Buell airbox mod kit, some kind of factory re-breather kit, an Erik Buell triple clamp (says his handlebar is higher than stock and that the triple was made by Buell and is almost unobtainable now, an exhaust rebuild where the exhaust is sent back east and the guts are taken out and changed (sounds like Drummer?) and the EBR ECM.

I'll let you know what I find out in person. Anything I should verify/look for? What is the typical going price for one of these with these kinds of mods and low miles?

Thanks!
    James

I'll put it this way, between 2009/2010 there are 2150 of those and some went over seas. Blue is a very desirable color so I'm sure if you want another color you can find people to trade.

If that's the XB you want, then try finding another and see what price is. Those are usually listed $6-7500 on the east coast.

Those mods are somewhat normal.

Hi all,

Just got back from looking at the bike. Here's a link to pics. It is in awesome shape. The seller seems very knowledgable about bikes and was very honest and willing to answer questions. He is very firm on price (I think part of him really doesn't want to sell it). Seems like it will be pretty challenging to find another one of this color and this good of shape this close to where I live (I really wouldn't want to ship one from around the country). Let me know what you think and what I should be concerned about. If all seems good, I plan on buying it.

Link to pics

Thanks!
    James

Yea that's stupid clean. Those are crossroads bars.
    I'd ask if he has the stock bars & top clamp incase you don't like that bar position

Buy it

Buy it, Buy it!
    I picked up an 09 12Ss at the end of last season for a similar price. it was way more than I planned to pay after buying/selling a few 03-06 XBs for around $3-4K, but once the $ is spent you're left with a really sweet bike and don't worry so much about what you paid for it (at least that's how I felt). If you don't get it, you'll wonder what you missed out on...

I could try to talk you out of it too, but I can tell you want it. Buy it, Buy it!

[img]null[/img]

Hey guys,

Thanks for trying so hard to talk me out of it. :D I am very excited, but also want to make sure I cover all my bases. The seller has been very cool about working with me. I've told him I will purchase it this weekend after a test drive (wasn't able to on my last visit due to bad weather). He has pulled it off of Craigslist and says he has no problem with me riding it and going over it with a fine toothed comb when I come to buy it. So, if you have any recommendations about what to check out or things that should scare me off, I would appreciate it!

I found this page on the forum, which looks like a good check list to go over: http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...-Buyers-Guide.

Anything else? Should I be worried that the mods (airbox/breather/exhaust/mapping) weren't done the right way? Any way I can tell?

Sounds like the original owner had done all of those mods (I am buying from the second owner), so I don't have a lot of detail about that. Seller believes that the exhaust was done by a guy that is common to the Buell forums back East where you send him the exhaust pipe and he converts it by cutting it open. Sounds like Drummer...but he thought the name was different. The bike has the EBR ECM.

Thanks again!
    James

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast